Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Him scoring that goal against West Brom after the shameful treatment he got in the same fixture earlier in the season is one of my favourite moments from a Villa player in recent years. Very useful player up to a certain level but unfortunately he just lacks the mobility to really be consistently effective in the Premier League. Will more than likely prove to be quite a shrewd move for Swansea though, all the best to him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

*SOUND ON*

Will forever give me goosebumps. Sad he has to leave but that's the way it has to be. Nothing but good things to say about him.

No under stating that millimeter perfect lay off by Jack, but what a lovely strike! One of a few crackers he has scored.

Goes with my best wishes and thanks for being a key part of getting us to where we are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Why are people talking like he's been sold. It's only a loan, he'll be back. 

Some prem league teams could have used him - WBA, Burnley, Brighton even. 

Think that's unlikely now tbh. We're only going to keep improving our squad and if he can't get a game now I'd be very surprised to see him play for Villa again. 

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

No under stating that millimeter perfect lay off by Jack, but what a lovely strike! One of a few crackers he has scored.

Goes with my best wishes and thanks for being a key part of getting us to where we are.

And add to that a great penalty in the shootout at west brom. Did he take the first one?

Edited by turvontour

Just now, Okonokos said:

You don't think he'd get in any of West Brom, Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Fulham or Burnley's teams?

I don't think he'd 'walk' into anyone of them - that's the term you used and which implies that he's a much better option than what they have already. 

In terms of getting into those teams? Not Burnley or Sheff Utd given their style of play - as for the others he'd add competition in the squad, might make the first team but not a given. 

Basically, we're in the position where we're looking to move him on - and we've had to settle for a loan to a championship club. That for me tells you about the level of interest. 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Think that's unlikely now tbh. We're only going to keep improving our squad and if he can't get a game now I'd be very surprised to see him play for Villa again. 

Maybe, maybe not. I imagine it's more about playing regularly before the euros but if Swansea are promoted and he's playing well they might buy him. 

11 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Why are people talking like he's been sold. It's only a loan, he'll be back. 

He will only have 12 months left on his contract, Already 4th choice (even behind Ramsey) and that's before we sign the incoming French lad. 

He will want to play football so will pursue it, Not your Lack of ambition Lansbury type 

Â