Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

His passing is just so so so...mundane?

I hate how he has to take like 3 stutter-steps before passing the ball, wastes precious time. When he does pass it first time, it's never in the player's path and they have to stop and wait for it. His passing is just way too slow for this league.

Just now, Keyblade said:

I hate how he has to take like 3 stutter-steps before passing the ball, wastes precious time. When he does pass it first time, it's never in the player's path and they have to stop and wait for it. His passing is just way too slow for this league.

He has one pass in his locker. Receive it open his body switch it 10 yards to the other flank. You will rarely see him ping it first time, or through the lines into feet, or spin on it or commit someone or even weigh his options up ala Jack.

Just a touch open body pass it to the fullback t'other side. It is almost become a habit. Stuck in a rut.

37 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This is true, but McGinn has far more credit in the bank

Yeah and we also won the European Cup. For me it’s about what is happening on the pitch and who is playing better during the current game, not about the past and credit in the bank.

30 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

It seems that SJM is always excused, Hourihane is never excused, that's by both management and fans.

Hourihane was much more effective last night but gets subbed. I can understand why hes peed off. 

Last season mcginn played 800 minutes more than hourihane. Hourihane scored the same number of goals had and 2 more assists. I'm not suggesting he should be a first choice starter, but the odd mcginn wonder goal shouldn't guarantee him a starting place either.

I really like both of them btw.

100% agree.

• Like 1

I like him but CH is our 19/20 level, needs to become a squad player now and make way for a step up in all round ability. 

Times have changed, we are no longer a shift and try another sideways move club, every signing now should be an upgrade and get used to it because it will be happening to fan favourites in the coming seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Horribly limited player.

If we're knocking it round the back like we did the other day won't be long before he loses it.

I have probably said it before but he's a mid table championship level player, that's all he ever was or will be. Offers very little in open play. He's at the same level as his fellow Irish central midfielders, James McCarty, Jeff Hendrick or Robbie Brady. I wouldn't want any of them playing in our midfield. Brady is just about the best of them. 

Edited by villa89

14 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I have probably said it before but he's a mid table championship level player, that's all he ever was or will be. Offers very little in open play. He's at the same level as his fellow Irish central midfielders, James McCarty, Jeff Hendrick or Robbie Brady. I wouldn't want any of them playing in our midfield. Brady is just about the best of them. 

Comfortably worse than all them.

I don't know if he's carrying some long term injury but he can't move at all. So slow.

He has no confidence in his own ability to control and pass. It's all laboured and careful.

I don't remember him being this slow when he joined, and Barnsley fans talk about him charging round in midfield. Guess that player has gone.

He can hit a dead ball and often gets into good goalscoring areas when we're on top.

That was a game where I want him on usually but Blades defended well and he looked very short.

11 minutes ago, striker said:

You also have to consider Hourihane has rarely been played in his best position. He is not a DM.

That's the only position he can play in the PL comfortably.

When he plays as the more advanced centre mid like the other night he stops a lot of the flow we have. He can't carry it forward himself and takes a week to find the space, control the ball and pass it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That's the only position he can play in the PL comfortably.

When he plays as the more advanced centre mid like the other night he stops a lot of the flow we have. He can't carry it forward himself and takes a week to find the space, control the ball and pass it.

Horrific DM watch the Forest 5-5 game again and see us cut to shreds in the middle early because of him

On 22/09/2020 at 11:55, Villan_of_oz said:

Getting a bit sick of his chip on the shoulder attitude, I'd understand if he was upset at being subbed if he was playing well, but he wasn't. To not celebrate our first goal of the season, well if I was gaffer I'd give him something to moan about and play him in the U23's for a month or get rid. Stuck up for this guy, but too many little sulks and he can get stuffed!!!

Is this what they call satire?

Â