Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If Ramsey is as good as i think he is, i don't even think Conor would be a decent squad player. If we want Villa to go where we want them to go, Hourihane is nowhere near good enough. Contributes nothing from general play.

I agree. I'd play Ramsey ahead rest of midfield options on bench

• Like 2

I like the balance he brings and his dead balls are the best we have but he doesn’t work hard enough off the ball for me. Add a bit more pressing and I’d be fine with him starting. Can’t be match fit yet so I’m happy give him more time but in truth I’ve never really seen him press that much. Issue is set pieces if he doesn’t start. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, jimcohen said:

I like the balance he brings and his dead balls are the best we have but he doesn’t work hard enough off the ball for me. Add a bit more pressing and I’d be fine with him starting. Can’t be match fit yet so I’m happy give him more time but in truth I’ve never really seen him press that much. Issue is set pieces if he doesn’t start. 

This in a nutshell. Always thought of him as a flat track bully. Has scored some nice goals when given acres of space against weaker opposition

4 hours ago, Wes said:

Was clearly not happy coming off tonight, but I think between him and McGinn it was the correct call.

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

He wasn't good he wasn't terrible. I'm sure he was more annoyed at his own performance than being substituted. 

Not sure, but just as he walked off the pitch near to where the corner was taken he rattled a bottle of water off the advert boards and noticeably never cheered when we scored, and walked back with hands on hips while the team celebrated.

Ouch!

Getting a bit sick of his chip on the shoulder attitude, I'd understand if he was upset at being subbed if he was playing well, but he wasn't. To not celebrate our first goal of the season, well if I was gaffer I'd give him something to moan about and play him in the U23's for a month or get rid. Stuck up for this guy, but too many little sulks and he can get stuffed!!!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bose said:

Was fine today.

Of our midfield three Luiz showed his quality, McGinn was poor and Hourihane somewhere in between.

I agree. Hourihane takes some criticism with Villa fans, but McGinn played worse last night.

• Like 2

It seems that SJM is always excused, Hourihane is never excused, that's by both management and fans.

Hourihane was much more effective last night but gets subbed. I can understand why hes peed off. 

Last season mcginn played 800 minutes more than hourihane. Hourihane scored the same number of goals had and 2 more assists. I'm not suggesting he should be a first choice starter, but the odd mcginn wonder goal shouldn't guarantee him a starting place either.

I really like both of them btw.

• Like 2

Â