Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

With us he has a chance of Premier League football next year. 

With them he has guaranteed Championship football next season. 

I suppose he would have a guaranteed contract there though.

TBF I think there is a bigger chance of Brom staying in the PL than of us getting promoted. Both are slim thou.

Onlt reason Man U signed and extension was so they get some money for him. This way they'd get £4m now.

Not much but there is nothing saying we'd or anyone else be willing to pay that much for him in the summer.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Personally i think it was a stupid clause to put in if he can be recalled in Jan. If united insisted in it we should have looked elsewhere

Wonder if we have a similar clause in the Gollini deal with Atalanta?

Yes he's not great, but if given a choice between having him and Steer competing for the GK spot and spending no money.

Or potentially panic buying someone in January with our probably very limited funds...

Not sure which is worse tbh.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Personally i think it was a stupid clause to put in if he can be recalled in Jan. If united insisted in it we should have looked elsewhere

Probably means we didnt pay a loan fee or all his wages

I don't think he's going anywhere until the summer.

Even if he did, Steer is a fantastic keeper and is unlucky not to be first choice here anyway. Did fantastically well when he played in preseason and the cup games, and at a time SJ looked very dodgy he should have been given the chance to prove himself - and I'm confident he would have established himself as the main keeper in that situation so wouldnt be the end of the world. Having said that who would be on the bench.. Bunn? we'd be "down to the bare bones"

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

force-gifs-for-may-4th.gif

He's a very good goalkeeper, yes he is only 20 but I don't think the club would've signed him in the first place from Anderlecht, a renowned club, if they didn't think he would have a chance of making our first team, he is brilliant 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's a very good goalkeeper, yes he is only 20 but I don't think the club would've signed him in the first place from Anderlecht, a renowned club, if they didn't think he would have a chance of making our first team, he is brilliant 

I meant the way you'd written it, not the opinion.  You watch the youth teams far more than I do!

• Thanks 1

Â