Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

United have a recall option on him next week and  may  choose to sell him elsewhere if they get bids as there are a few reportedly interested in him , including West Ham 

Edited by Eastie

Scott Carson, Shay Given, Sam Johnstone, i have a real fear of keepers that won't come of their lines to claim crosses. Made worse in Johnstones case when they do they punch rather than catch. 

These type of keepers fill me with dread. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Scott Carson, Shay Given, Sam Johnstone, i have a real fear of keepers that won't come of their lines to claim crosses. Made worse in Johnstones case when they do they punch rather than catch. 

Friedel never came off his line either

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 22:28, a m ole said:

He should have done better for both. Having said that, they were ‘fundamentally’ Jedinak’s fault.

And if Whelan hadn't misplaced his 5 yard pass to Grealish, then neither would have had to be scrutinised.

As for Johnstone I dont think we need to worry about a premier league team taking him as he's playing at his level right now. The teams "interested" are WBA, WHU & Palace. Hand on heart I dont think he would dislodge Ben Foster, Adrian. Palace are the only ones who might be after a keeper but will go for a better one - their survival depends on it.

Edited by Junxs

7 hours ago, av1 said:

Its like a man suffering with leprosy, complaining of a newly found boil.

It think we have far more to worry about than him.

Wouldn't this be a kick in the teeth.

Take it for what it is.

EXCLUSIVE: Man Utd to recall keeper as £4m sale to West Brom looms

Date published: Sunday 31st December 2017 10:53

Sam-Johnstone.jpg

Manchester United are poised to recall goalkeeper Sam Johnstone from his loan spell at Aston Villa after West Brom reportedly agreed an undisclosed fee with West Brom.

The 24-year-old stopper joined Villa on loan for a second spell over the summer, but United included a recall clause in January should they receive an offer for the goalkeeper.

And sources have told TEAMtalk that West Brom are on the brink of a deal for the Manchester United custodian having agreed an undisclosed fee of around £4million for the former England U21 international.

West Brom’s interest in Johnstone dates back to the Tony Pulis era at The Hawthorns, but we understand his successor Alan Pardew will push through with the transfer, with the arrangement having already been put in place.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-man-utd-to-recall-keeper-as-4m-sale-to-west-brom-looms

This just isn't going to happen. Johnstone isn't going to agree to join West Brom's bench when he is here playing every week. Besides, his contract is running down to the last 18 months ( with optional extension), and it would be financially in his favour to see his contract wind down at this point.

23 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Going there as cover? No way he goes 2nd choice to a team that will be in the championship next season

Thing is united can choose to recall him anyway whether he or we like it or not 

• Thanks 1

Â