Gareth Southgate

Richard

Nee chance Man Utd will consider him like that will never happen in a million years, that's probably just his people getting his name linked to that job to try and boost his reputation in the hope that other half decent clubs will see his name linked to Man Utd and think he's a good option, either that or or Man Utd themselves using his name so whoever does the get the job doesn't look so bad to their fans in comparison. He will be lucky to get midtable Premier League job

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Should have pissed off as long ago as possible or better yet never been hired in the first place. Drains your energy he does. I imagine he does the same to the players.

Unless you’re harry maguire

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was a breath of fresh air when Roy left. He's now just turned into another terrible manager stuck in his ways. 

Despite a plethora of attacking talent, his methodology is to keep it tight at the back, don't concede. Against the lesser sides Kane will inevitably score, and despite a defensive set up its enough to stat pad and win 3/4:0.

Against the better sides, despite being ultra defensive you will invariably get picked off or they will take their chances.

Brazil should scored 3 tonight, whereas we created absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Despite a plethora of attacking talent, his methodology is to keep it tight at the back, don't concede. Against the lesser sides Kane will inevitably score, and despite a defensive set up its enough to stat pad and win 3/4:0.

Against the better sides, despite being ultra defensive you will invariably get picked off or they will take their chances.

Brazil should scored 3 tonight, whereas we created absolutely nothing.

But as Southgate said 'we had as many attempts as them' 😂😂 an international 'coach' who doesn't care about the quality of the chances that are being created as long as a shot comes in from somewhere. Scarily basic.

Edited by Tom13

33 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

When will it end?

I'm desperate for him to **** off to Manchester United and ruin them (further). 

Another generation of great England players being wasted. 

33 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was a breath of fresh air when Roy left. He's now just turned into another terrible manager stuck in his ways. 

Really, you think that?? I thought it was seriously underwhelming appointment from the start, but typical of the FA to appoint a yes man.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Even though he's done a good job. And he has, people saying otherwise are living in a dreamworld with a clear agenda. But having said that, I cant stand the man. Even ignoring his Villa hatred, his banal interviews, company man persona and his charisma vacuum personality make him impossible to like.

There are no metrics on which he has done a good job. None. He’s the worst England manager in history. The worst club manager in history. The worst manager in history full stop. And an absolute clearing in the woods of a man at that. I put him just below hitler and Putin. **** bellend.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Really, you think that?? I thought it was seriously underwhelming appointment from the start, but typical of the FA to appoint a yes man.

It was but Roy was so bad and frustrating that he seemed so different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

It was but Roy was so bad and frustrating that he seemed so different. 

You look at the end of roy, 1-0 down with 5 mins yet and supposed world class PL footballers not knowing what to do, no one wanting to be there, no motivation, apathy and no expectations from the fans 

I dont think Southgate has got to the stage of players not wanting to be there and phoning it in but the cluelessness of it all is definitley there, the frustration and apathy will come next if we do **** all at the euros and he stays

• Like 1

The FA are crap at picking managers and Southgate is crap at picking coaches, Holland.

Gareth was never going to be good enough but I fear the fa will just pick another crap manager.

Sad that the last decent manager we had was remembered yesterday at a game that was so far away from the type of football he liked to play and we should be playing, Venables, RIP, if only Southgate would have scored that penalty.....

7 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

One, two, three four five

Right backs in the squad.

So come on let’s dive

Harry Kane in the corner

i I think he’s gonna fall

but I really don’t wanna 

It's the same thing I've been seeing for two **** decades. 

We come up against a good team and they're playing one touch, passing into feet,  moving and just look so silky and purposeful and smooth and then we have never enough or better quality and we're **** rigid, we pass the ball and stand still, we receive the ball and just stand on and either switch or pass sideways. I watched it for time under Bruce aswell and there's no reason with Rice can't properly dictate a football game 

....but against good opposition we don't. We just stick to positions and are rigid.

Sick to death of it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, useless said:

Nee chance Man Utd will consider him like that will never happen in a million years, that's probably just his people getting his name linked to that job to try and boost his reputation in the hope that other half decent clubs will see his name linked to Man Utd and think he's a good option, either that or or Man Utd themselves using his name so whoever does the get the job doesn't look so bad to their fans in comparison. He will be lucky to get midtable Premier League job

It'll be some Saudi muppets who see Gareth 'linked to Man U' Southgate and snap him up 

16 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Even though he's done a good job. And he has, people saying otherwise are living in a dreamworld with a clear agenda. But having said that, I cant stand the man. Even ignoring his Villa hatred, his banal interviews, company man persona and his charisma vacuum personality make him impossible to like.

I can't agree. Whenever we have played a good opponent, our record is terrible. Both in competitive games and friendlies. 6 wins in 27 games against teams ranked in the top ten when we played them. 

The natural talent of the squad steamrolls poor nations, but there is no tactical nous offered when we play the better teams. Thats why we always look devoid of ideas.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can't agree. Whenever we have played a good opponent, our record is terrible. Both in competitive games and friendlies. 6 wins in 27 games against teams ranked in the top ten when we played them. 

The natural talent of the squad steamrolls poor nations, but there is no tactical nous offered when we play the better teams. Thats why we always look devoid of ideas.

Even when we do start well against good teams, or teams with good coaches, they see how we are playing and change their formation to counter us, Southgate and Holland scratch their heads change nothing and we go on to lose those games.

We have all witnessed with Emery how quick a good coach can influence players after being led by a crap one. These England players deserve better coaching not a glorified youth coach who's a nice guy. 

• Like 4

Â