• Adomah
    • Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • McCormack (Adomah 26)
    • Agbonlahor (Ayew 81)
    • Gestede (Westwood 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

No wonder the players are so tired in the final 30 minutes when we are so wasteful in possession we spend most of game chasing long balls

small Heath got the ball and passed it, we got the ball and hit it in the general direction of a claret and blue shirt to run after, the game largely passed our midfield by from an attacking POV.

we got lucky today no mistake. 

Edited by Jimzk5

Haven't read the other pages so risk repeating...

Jedi was a monster, into everything, huge colossal performance, let's hope this continues. Thought Amavi was terrific, and got better as the game went on, especially as he was under the shadow of a second minute booking. We suffered for losing Albert early on, and despite Gards great header, our lack midfield talent and choice really shows, sad how good we would be if we had a Lennon and Townsend in the squad.

edit: oh, and whilst I don't think gabby deserves the chance, he did ok, showed some spirit (which he needed to as a minimum). If he plays like that it is only another positive, especially with ACON coming up.

Happy to take a well fought, but ultimately lucky point. Still unbeaten under Bruce, and getting stronger. Got to be happy.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

I Havn't seen that brand of anti-football for many years since the heyday of Tony Pulis' Stoke. Whenever the ball was on the deck we drew a foul, blues lumped EVERYTHING long and eventually we gave up on trying to play it on the ground and started lumping it back, to zero benefit. In light of that, a point was a good result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

Lay off the prodigal son stuff with Gabby....he ran around for five minutes but his efforts are 18 months too late! Talk to me again when when he's done for 90mins a couple of dozen games.

No clean slate from me....A disgrace

Hope you feel better now mate. ;)

• Like 1

We've only lost 3 games all season that is definitely a positive in such a competitive league, there's a base to build on. 

Unbeaten under Bruce and the defence does seem more organized and overall it's not too bad, we must be in the top 3 for goals conceded.

The negatives are that the midfield is still terrible, hopefully there will be a bit of cash in Jan to get someone in, who that will be I have no idea but we are sorely lacking someone who can link the midfield and attack. You would hope 5-10 million would get someone capable of doing that because Westwood just offers nothing to the team at all.

After a couple of hours reflection I am very disappointed by the performance.  I know we were away,  Bacuna's injury was probably very key as was Adomah going off early,  and anything can happen in a derby but I think overall we played very badly. . The bluescum acclimatised much better to the occasion,  we were not as physical as them,  did not hold the ball at all well and were second to most things. 

They played better football,  we were hoofing a lot. We were very lucky they didn't score at least 2 more and didn't really look like we were ever going to score a second. 

In short other than actually losing it's probably as bad as my worst fears for the game would have got. 

Credit that we held on and even had the possibility of an undeserved last minute winner, but ultimately failed to even be on target again. 

Hopefully another game we have seen out without a last minute goal against will reinforce confidence as will continuing unbeaten under Bruce. 

Need to put this down as a point gained and move on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Unbeaten under Bruce and the defence does seem more organized and overall it's not too bad, we must be in the top 3 for goals conceded.

Is this what you meant? We're =6th for least goals against with 15

The  lack of cohesion in general play is alarming , I know it's a frenetic occasion ,but come on , at times it was cringe inducing how we just kicked the ball and hoped it found a Villa player . Were talking professional football players , how basic is find a team mate ?

Gotta say though : I thought Alan Hutton was commitment personified .

• Like 1

Yet another game I am going to delete without watching back. Our record on telly is utterly horrendous. 

I pray the home game isn't on telly but there is fat chance of that I expect. 

Â