• Adomah
    • Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • McCormack (Adomah 26)
    • Agbonlahor (Ayew 81)
    • Gestede (Westwood 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

Well that was shit! Only moments of quality in the whole game were the finishes for the goals.  We have ground out a  few decent results under Bruce but the quality of football has been diabolical!

Edited by Philosopher

A point away from home in a derby is a decent result. We know the midfield is leggy & lacks creativity and sadly the only player with real pace and energy got injured in training. So in comes Ashley and does what Westwood does......

Blackburn at home should be 3 points and keeps us moving towards those play off places. Hopefully instead of Westwood we'll have Bacuna or Tish.

Quite lucky to get the point in the end, so I'll take it. Quite a few of our players really didn't turn up today.

Jedinak was outstanding, along with Chester and Baker.

Edited by Farlz

Blose played very well yet still couldn't beat us, we played very poor just looked quite comfortable, we will bash them at villa park.  

Jedinak was colossal what a performance. Baker Amavi and Chester were good as well. Kodjia was the worst player on the pitch. Bottled it today and didn't look interested. Disappointing from him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Blackburn at home should be 3 points and keeps us moving towards those play off places. Hopefully instead of Westwood we'll have Bacuna or Tish.

I was suprised that Tshibola didn't come on today. 

Disappointed overal with Villa's performance particularly in the second half where possession retention was awful. Really didn't look like scoring with only one shot on target which proved enough to get a point.

On the plus side Jedinak's best game for Villa and Hutton also looked solid. Baker and Chester are also forming a formidable central defensive partnership but Amavi looks half the player he was before his injury.

Gardner and Westwood did alright but January can't come soon enough to sign better midfield players if Villa are to progress into the playoffs.

A point won rather than two lost.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Blose played very well yet still couldn't beat us, we played very poor just looked quite comfortable, we will bash them at villa park.  

Jedinak was colossal what a performance. Baker Amavi and Chester were good as well. Kodjia was the worst player on the pitch. Bottled it today and didn't look interested. Disappointing from him. 

Kodjia was the worst player on the pitch! Are you serious?! He was playing up front alone and looked good. He lost the ball a few times, but who doesn't. 

For me all of the defence stood up well , Gollini looked a whole lot better and the save early 2nd half was good. 

Jedi was excellent fro 70 then looked totally knackered and should've been replaced by Tish

Westie worked nuts off as always but did nothing creative

Gards - scoreed but 2nd half was anonymous

We miissed Bacuna

Ayew - works so hard now it's unreal, for me should have stayed on

Adoma - looked to be scaring them to death til injury, Then Ross did his best completely out of position.

Kodjia - sorry but again I was totally unimpressed. He refuses to see a pass and utterly refuses to give the ball to Ross Mc. Should've gone off.

Brucie - sorry but you need to get those pictures off Gabby as there is no other way I see why he was even considered. Gave away more free kicks than successful passes and looked goosed after 5 mins on the pitch. 

Overall another point another game unbeaten but it just shows, to me, how poor this league is if we can play like that and get a point

• Like 1

Â