• Adomah
    • Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • McCormack (Adomah 26)
    • Agbonlahor (Ayew 81)
    • Gestede (Westwood 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

Didn't deserve it and rode our luck but at least we didn't lose.  Poor performance overall and I am not happy with Bruce for the first time because he did not address the issues we were having in midfield and in an almost RDM way tried throwing on more strikers! ! ! ! ? ? ? ? 

However as the saying goes rather have a lucky manager and unlike RDM it didn't bite him on the bum. 

For me it is no coincidence that he puts Westwood in the middle of the pitch and we look a poorer side.  We really missed Bacuna,  he stiffens up the midfield for me and if we was available I think we wouldn't have lost out so much in the middle

We have to remember the scum are now out of the play off positions only on goal difference. It should be a hard place to go so ordinarily you would say a good point away from home. 

Oh well honors even. The worst we will get is how luck we were etc etc etc etc etc

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Lots of positives, which have been mentioned already. I wasn't scared in the end, maybe our players weren't either?

Baker with a very good game, Amavi good too, and Chester. Well defended game.

Edited by AVTuco

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

Kodjia was the worst player on the pitch! Are you serious?! He was playing up front alone and looked good. He lost the ball a few times, but who doesn't. 

I think the occasions of the numerous knees in the back slowed him down a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, praisedmambo said:

Kodjia was the worst player on the pitch! Are you serious?! He was playing up front alone and looked good. He lost the ball a few times, but who doesn't. 

Of course I am serious. He was bloody terrible, lost nearly every 50/50, misplaced passes, made wrong decisions and ran into how many brick walks instead of passing the ball. He looked very disinterested to me.

i can't believe I am going to say this but eve gabby looked more up for him than kid. Bad performance from him today

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Jedinak was immense.

Special shout out to Mike Dean who is a horrible ballbag of a ref. Let them get away with pull backs, little kicks and nudges all game.

yep, booked Westwood for tripping a breaking player, but Spector got away with the same thing in the first half.

Every picture tells a story:

motm.jpg

This was a good defensive performance, especially from Jedinak, Baker, Chester and Gollini. But Gardner's header aside, no quality whatsoever going forward, and that's something we need to address. No attacking player performed well enough, or even close to it, except bizarrely Gabby who did quite well at his 'putting the wind up them' role. 

A point in a derby away from home is no disaster, but attacking combinations and midfielders actually getting their feet on the ball needs to be the order of the day on the training pitch. 

• Like 1

Positives. Jedi was finally very good. We didn't lose. Gabby.

Negatives. I have started to see why Westwood gets some stick. We could have lost. Not sure why Tshibola isn't playing. Kodjia wasn't at the races today.

We didn't really play, but to be fair they didn't make it easy for us at all.

If we hope to get promotion we must start getting these 3 points as we are so far behind.

Well we didn't crumble, that's about the best we can say about that. Nice to see the Jedinak I thought we were getting. Still gave Gollini MOTM. Great save from Maghona kept us in it 2nd half and took it off the line in that first half scramble.

Terrible game of football though.

Lay off the prodigal son stuff with Gabby....he ran around for five minutes but his efforts are 18 months too late! Talk to me again when when he's done for 90mins a couple of dozen games.

No clean slate from me....A disgrace

• Like 2

Poor performance overall but I'd have taken a point before the game.

Jedinak was excellent, thought Amavi, Gardner and the CBs had good games - didn't see much attacking quality apart from a few moments from Ayew but I'll settle for a point here, and lets take the 3 at Villa Park - and against Blackburn next week. 

Gave Kodjia MOTM, surprised to see criticism in here, he looked class to me. Good prescience up front which we have missed since Benteke.

Jedinak had his best game for us, more of that please Mile.

Poor game really and glad to get a point from it. Points when playing badly is a good sign. If we take 8 from every 12 we should be alright for the play offs. Should beat Blackburn and then a real test at Brighton.

Thought Bruce made good subs, esp bringing on two players that have scored winners against them recently from a psychological point of view.

Hope everyone gets home safely.

• Like 1

Our terrible midfield cost us. Gardner and Westwood were both beyond useless. We couldn't control possession at all. McCormack isn;t a right winger so why bring him on and see him fail miserably out there. Jedinak was MOTM. Hutton and Amavi both terrible defensively, especially Amavi. We will be doing well to get into the playoffs with this lot. 

1, we didnt play well

2, we didnt play well but we didnt lose 

3, the nose fans really are a bunch of inbred heathens

CAgGRmaVAAAeGbb.jpg

4, the sty is a right dump

data-dump.jpg

5, they really are 

SOTEC.jpg

Edited by imavillan

Â