• Adomah
    • Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • McCormack (Adomah 26)
    • Agbonlahor (Ayew 81)
    • Gestede (Westwood 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

Decent point in the end thought they were the better side especially 2nd half ,we defended very well and our workrate was excellent .You can see what Bruce has brought already we are certainly harder to beat and we look like we have a plan which makes a change from the last few years .We were awful going forward struggled to hold onto possession,I would prefer to see Gestede as our main striker as I don't think that role suits Kodjia he isn't great in the air and that is something you need to play as the lone striker in the system we are playing ,he was isolated today for long periods and was the main reason why we struggled to get anything going upfront .Amavi Baker Chester and Gardner were good Jedinak was the best player on the pitch you can see why we signed him now .A good result and we are certainly heading in the right direction .

1 hour ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Seeing people on twitter saying rowett was acting like a t**t

What did he say?

We were all singing "Gary rowett, he's one of our own" 

and he gave us shit about it, waved us away, applauded blues fans and gave us the I can't hear you ear sign... 

played it it perfectly tbf, noses will love him more for it 

I'd have taken a pt before the game.

Bacuna was missed badly

Gollini - goal deflected out of his reach otherwise very solid

Hutton - mistakes in him every game - should never play for us again

Chester/Baker - getting better every game

Amavi - improving slowly but surely

Westwood - shoved off the ball too easily and is shit - never again in a villa shirt please

Jedi - finally

Gardner - great header - he missed Bacuna

Ayew/Kodjia/Adomah  works well

McCormack - felt sorry for him played out of position

A few points to make watching it live on sky and then re-watched it.

Gleeson pushed Adomah into an oncoming GK (foul -> freekick -> yellowcard possible Red as he was last man) GK came out looking away from the ball head on into Adomah Foul->freekick-> Yellow possible Red.

Inbredbelt (whatever his name is) -> straight red for high foot on Ayew

We tire playing Bruces setup so we are bound to lose possesion later in games/2nd half - so not a case of the Scum getting better

Pluses - Gollini Chester Baker Amavi Jedi

minuses - Hutton Westwood Gardner missing Bacuna

Adomah forced off

Mc forced to play out of position

Gaby - lack of pace and ability

Biggest minus being

January is 9 weeks away - need a RB 2x CM at least

Went to the game today along with my 2 lads and it was their first trip to the Sty. At half time I thought they'd run out of ideas but it panned out we had as well as we seemed to resort to aimlessly hoofing it. Adomah going off early disrupted our rhythm and I think Grealish would've given us the creative spark we lacked. The atmosphere was strangely flat although afterwards when speaking to a copper when we were locked in the Small Heath knuckle draggers were intent on causing trouble.

All in all it was an anti climax but I'll take a point as we continue our unbeaten run.

Happy with the point, given how the game went. I guess the early substitution of Adomah didn't help us. Jedinak and Baker (for England) were my two 'stars' of the day. Overall, still shows that Bruce has a lot of work to do to get this team doing all of the right things, especially going forward. Another day, a different manager, and we'd have been spanked... on the bare arse... on live TV.

Shout out to their player who sustained what appeared to be a nasty injury in an accidental collision with Gestede. I can't remember his name. Never enjoy seeing a player down for so long and then being stretchered off with oxygen mask on. Get well soon, but hope you have flu when Blues come to Villa Park next...

If we'd been on them and not standing off them in the middle of the park I'm sure we'd have got more openings.  They were shite, they made loads of unforced errors but we were rarely in a position to capitalise.

Edited by Wainy316

Don't know where else to post this but has it come out anywhere else that Tommy Elphick had his brand new car smashed up by Blues fans before Sunday's game? I got told this by a good friend of his but can't see it's been reported anywhere.  He also said some other comments about the dressing room that are not altogether encouraging!

4 hours ago, steell said:

Don't know where else to post this but has it come out anywhere else that Tommy Elphick had his brand new car smashed up by Blues fans before Sunday's game? I got told this by a good friend of his but can't see it's been reported anywhere.  He also said some other comments about the dressing room that are not altogether encouraging!

Wouldn't be surprised, and they used to put "shit on the Villa" posters up back in John Gregory's time. Small time retards.

Â