Top Gear

Jez

So where do May, Clarkson, and Hammond go to now?

To another TV channel with a very similar format whilst laughing at the BBC's attempt to carry on Top Gear with shit presenters.

Coogan would be an amazing replacement.

He is a Labour supporter too and that is why he drove a red Ferrari, to show his class solidarity with his comrades.  :)

When way way back I had my brief and innocent flirtation with Militant, my fave little slogan was 'Ferrari's For Everyone'.

So, you know, it's ok.

Which reminds me of the joke:

A communist at Speaker's Corner, says to the crowd, 'When we get into power everyone will get to ride in Rolls Royces!'

A little guy at the front says, 'But what if I don't want to ride in no Rolls Royce?'

The communist says, 'When we get into power, you'll ride in a Rolls Royce, whether you want to or not!'.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 2

So where do May, Clarkson, and Hammond go to now?

To another TV channel with a very similar format whilst laughing at the BBC's attempt to carry on Top Gear with shit presenters.

I'd be fine with that. As long as it is the same format as top gear, but a different name, I'd watch it. 

• Like 1

I hope they replace it with a show about alternative 'green' lifestyles hosted by students.

Trying too hard there CED. Up your game chap, you are better than this.

May sort of confirming that he will leave Top Gear as well ( and Hammond)

asked who he thought would be the best presenter for Top Gear , he said "much as I think he's a cock , Jeremy Clarkson "

Edited by tonyh29

asked who he thought would be the best presenter for Top Gear , he said "much as I think he's a cock , Jeremy Clarkson "

This will be the interview you were referring to-

Their contracts are up, they can easily go to another TV station and set up a similar show. 

Their contracts are up, they can easily go to another TV station and set up a similar show. 

He sounded quite upset didn't he?

• Like 1

He sounded quite upset didn't he?

Talking in the past tense, taking shots at BBC, and saying that they are a package...yea top gear on bbc will not have may or hammond as well. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-25%20at%2018.02.

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been told his contract won't be renewed by the BBC.

In a statement BBC Director-General, Tony Hall said:

"It is with great regret that I have told Jeremy Clarkson today that the BBC will not be renewing his contract. It is not a decision I have taken lightly. I have done so only after a very careful consideration of the facts and after personally meeting both Jeremy and Oisin Tymon.
"I am grateful to Ken MacQuarrie for the thorough way he has conducted an investigation of the incident on 4th March. Given the obvious and very genuine public interest in this I am publishing the findings of his report. I take no pleasure in doing so. I am only making them public so people can better understand the background. I know how popular the programme is and I also know that this decision will divide opinion. The main facts are not disputed by those involved.

his decision should in no way detract from the extraordinary contribution that Jeremy Clarkson has made to the BBC. I have always personally been a great fan of his work and Top Gear . Jeremy is a huge talent. He may be leaving the BBC but I am sure he will continue to entertain, challenge and amuse audiences for many years to come.

He said Oisin Tymon "will continue to have an important role within the organisation in the future".

The decision came in the face of a million signature petition protesting at the possibility Clarkson would be fired.

It comes just two years after Clarkson's colleague James May filmed a sequence with a double-decker bus in Cheddar Gorge.

Clarkson is not believed to have been there for the filming.

Read more: http://www.cheddarvalleygazette.co.uk/Jeremy-Clarkson-fired-just-years-aftyer-Gear/story-26230188-detail/story.html#ixzz3VQDTny00 
  • Like 1

Oh well, top gear has had an exceptional run over the last 15 years & it was going to happen sooner rather than later, ive said it on here before but they really should have scaled back the out put years ago.

They're too old already, it's getting to "embarrassing grandad" type levels. Hopefully other dinos on the beeb like lawro and pearce will follow suit soon.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1