Top Gear

Jez

Burning underpants never gets old :D

He started well but theres just something about him that stops him being funny ... It's not even the I wish hamster had died lines that stopped him being funny , Frankie Boyle does much worse and I'll snort whatever im drinking out my nose with laughter ..... Maybe it's a sort of smugness about him that stops him being funny

• Like 1

Anyone get the feeling that this is becoming a left vs right political battle. The first fight of the election campaign will be about Clarkson . Cant wait for QT tonight,

A read of this very thread shows a clear left v right divide

Can't fathom why someone would lets their political beliefs dictate how they view a TV presenter not involved in politics but it takes different strokes and all that

Cameron came out today supporting Clarkson so clearly figured 600k of people who bothered to sign a petition were worth canvassing ... Call me old fashioned but I sorta prefer my politicians to comment on important matters like Israells war on Palestine , Russian aggression in the Ukraine .... Not a bloody TV presenter getting angry over a sandwich

Cameron came out today supporting Clarkson so clearly figured 600k of people who bothered to sign a petition were worth canvassing ... Call me old fashioned but I sorta prefer my politicians to comment on important matters like Israells war on Palestine , Russian aggression in the Ukraine .... Not a bloody TV presenter getting angry over a sandwich

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my politicians to do something on important matters.

• Like 4

A read of this very thread shows a clear left v right divide

I'll hopefully confuse you then.

I don't mind Clarkson.

That is, I don't think he's something to get excited about and I find Top Gear an 'easy view' (other than when they're stupidly obnoxious - 'slope' &c.).

I have also heard that he isn't quite the public persona he takes glee in putting forward - though the fact that he obviously takes that glee (and the massive pecuniary reward) for doing it rather limits the levels of sympathy towards him when he's confronted by the avalanche of disenchantment that his public persona so desires.

Sometimes he is genuinely amusing (I remember a comment he made in distant times wondering about what Swampy would do if they were to propose a bypass through a mink farm) but mostly, at best, he's sunday night telly.

I won't miss Clarkson if he's no longer there. I won't hound him off the airwaves, though.

p.s. The 'member of the privileged' thing does stand - not because of where he has come from but most certainly because of where he is (in terms of the Chip Norton set)..

p.p.s. **** Repton. Repton are shit.

• Like 1

Most of us, if we lamped a fellow worker, would be sacked. I know I would. Footballers of course, have been notorious in the past for getting away with such behaviour, because of their value to their clubs. In other words, money talks. The BBC, I believe, simply cannot and must not, go down that road. The producer who was assaulted, apparently because Clarkson couldn't get a hot steak, and how pathetic is that.Has the right to expect his grievance to be dealt with, without such tawdry considerations.The man, while occasionally amusing, in a laddish way, is more often than not a crushing boor. He's an accident waiting to happen. Looks like this one might be fatal. Top Gear has been around a lot longer than Clarkson, and will I'm sure, outlive his, if it happens, well deserved demise.    

I've wanted to do more than punch my fellow workers for a lot less than a hot steak...in fact sometime/a lot of the time I want to lamp them for no reason at all, imagining it actually keeps me sane a lot of the time, I don't do it because I know that to just call one of them a useless sack of word removed juice would probably get me the sack

for lamping someone I demand Clarksons head on a pike outside of the BBC studios to set an example to the other media playing dickheads with superiority complexes

Most of us, if we lamped a fellow worker, would be sacked. I know I would. Footballers of course, have been notorious in the past for getting away with such behaviour, because of their value to their clubs. In other words, money talks. The BBC, I believe, simply cannot and must not, go down that road. The producer who was assaulted, apparently because Clarkson couldn't get a hot steak, and how pathetic is that.Has the right to expect his grievance to be dealt with, without such tawdry considerations.The man, while occasionally amusing, in a laddish way, is more often than not a crushing boor. He's an accident waiting to happen. Looks like this one might be fatal. Top Gear has been around a lot longer than Clarkson, and will I'm sure, outlive his, if it happens, well deserved demise.

Have we actually established that he did punch the guy ? witnesses to the event seem to have said he shouted and ranted at the producer and was clearly being obnoxious but so far I don't think anyone has said he punched the guy , other than media speculation ?

Have we actually established that he did punch the guy ? witnesses to the event seem to have said he shouted and ranted at the producer and was clearly being obnoxious but so far I don't think anyone has said he punched the guy , other than media speculation ?

It shouldn't really matter to us. It should be down to the broadcaster/employer and so on to establish the facts.

It shouldn't really matter to us. It should be down to the broadcaster/employer and so on to establish the facts.
indeed , I was kinda querying the fact that lots of people are commenting as if it's a foregone conclusion that he did though
  • Like 1

Including the labour bint on question time it seems ... No waiting for the enquiry to establish the facts she seems to have already decided he should be sacked as he punched someone

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Including the labour bint on question time it seems ... No waiting for the enquiry to establish the facts she seems to have already decided he should be sacked as he punched someone

Then again, as The Neill has suggested, Cameron's immediate support (for one of his set) may lead people to the almost immediate conclusion that Clarkson is guilty.

The truth about the argument/fight is finally out, I can't say I blame Clarkson really, I would be pretty pissed off if this happened to me, especially if the clearing in the woods was mocking me afterwards on television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=48h-q-FEBSw