Top Gear

Jez

I find it funny a lot of people think this will be the death of the BBC  :lol:

Absolutely no way.

If the BBC didn't already exist, it would have to be invented; how else could the government get the population to actually pay for its own indoctrination?

Literally thousands of ways, as every other country demonstrates constantly. If it were the only effective way of indoctrinating people. it wouldn't be the only media organisation funded in this way in the world would it?

I find it funny a lot of people think this will be the death of the BBC  :lol:

Absolutely no way.

If the BBC didn't already exist, it would have to be invented; how else could the government get the population to actually pay for its own indoctrination?

Literally thousands of ways, as every other country demonstrates constantly. If it were the only effective way of indoctrinating people. it wouldn't be the only media organisation funded in this way in the world would it?

I see what you mean, but I think the TV licence is a better way of maintaining the pretence that it is not the mouthpiece of the state than other examples.

A substantially more subtle way to finance the government's propaganda than directly funded outlets like RT and DW etc.

I hope they replace it with a show about alternative 'green' lifestyles hosted by students.

Not just students. Gay, Asian, disabled, vegetarian students. 

I think Jasper Carrott has already done that 

Knowing the bbc they will go with a woman some eye candy

Didnt the BBC bring in a rule that panel shows must include at least 1 female not long ago?

Top Gear isn't a panel show though...

what about that jamiroquai fella

Insufferable self-loving word removed .

Makes Clarkson look angelic

3:25 onwards..

So Hammond and May quit Top Gear. I wonder what happens next. 

https://motortorque.org/articles/top-gear-presenters-richard-hammond-and-james-may-no-longer-work-for-the-bbc

We all expected this since the moment Jeremy Clarkson was dropped by the BBC following the “fracas” with a Top Gear producer, but now fellow presenters Richard Hammond and James May have also left the BBC.

It was widely reported that the trio’s contracts were up from midnight tonight, and with Clarkson being sacked already, it now appears that Hammond and May have declined to sign new deals.

Knowing the bbc they will go with a woman some eye candy

Didnt the BBC bring in a rule that panel shows must include at least 1 female not long ago?

Top Gear isn't a panel show though...

Yeah, but if they can implement a ridiculous rule for one genre you can see them doing it for top gear (if it ever comes back)

• Like 1