Top Gear

Jez

Damn right, old boy. I shudder at the thought of a car programme without casual racism. Christ, what if it was hosted by a woman? Political correctness gone mad. Scrap the BBC, they no longer represent the backwards views of a rich white man. Impartial? Is it bollocks. I bet the place is run by vegetarians.

• Like 3

Tony's right, the explicit inference is that he's "from Repton" and therefore cut from the same cloth as the Bullingdon lot

As a little nugget of info for yous all, I am from Repton.

I go Holte End, same as the rest of you, go down the boozer with cocker-ney lads and loudmouth Mancs, and tend to try and avoid hooray henry rah rah rahs.

The point being, never judge someone from where they went to school.

Any expect the three of them to turn up on Sky or ITV under a new name?

It happened before with Fifth Gear when the entire Top Gear staff and crew (minus Clarkson and May) jumped to Channel 5.   

Netflix seems like a decent home for the show if they all go.  It's global, and Top Gear is hugely popular pretty much everywhere. 

• Like 2

Any expect the three of them to turn up on Sky or ITV under a new name?

I thought Sky would be the likely destination , but then I read an article that said it could be problematic to have him in view of the Andy Gray \ Richard Keyes  shenanigans and their sackings

mind you Sky are hypocrites of the highest order so I don't really see it being an obstacle

If the BBC are going to sack Clarkson they should scrap the show.

To attempt to revive it in a new politically correct format would be an insult to the audience and even worse television.

It would be unforgivable for Hammond and May to continue doing the show without Clarkson and they would be beyond contempt if they were to agree to do so.

Stripped of the satire and particular humour brought to it by Clarkson's script-writing the show would just be even more banal and pointless than it is now.

Knowing that it had been censored would make it unbearable to watch.

The only good thing about the whole affair is that it adds to the argument that the BBC has become far too politicised and cannot be considered to be independent any more, and should therefore be broken up.

The BBC cannot function as a neutral arbiter between competing political interests, if its neutrality is put in doubt.

When they put their political obligations before the interests of their audience then their existence cannot be justified. 

What the hell has politics got to do with it. He punched a producer in the mouth after abusing him with foul language for 20 minutes, because he couldn't get a hot steak after a drinking session in the local pub. Strange analogy. Gross misconduct at work from a serial boor, has potentialy cost him his job. These rules apply to all of us, don't they? Haven't seen this in any political party manifesto? 

To attempt to revive it in a new politically correct format would be an insult to the audience and even worse television.

It would be unforgivable for Hammond and May to continue doing the show without Clarkson and they would be beyond contempt if they were to agree to do so.

Stripped of the satire and particular humour brought to it by Clarkson's script-writing the show would just be even more banal and pointless than it is now.

The only good thing about the whole affair is that it adds to the argument that the BBC has become far too politicised and cannot be considered to be independent any more, and should therefore be broken up.

The BBC cannot function as a neutral arbiter between competing political interests, if its neutrality is put in doubt.

When they put their political obligations before the interests of their audience then their existence cannot be justified. 

What the hell has politics got to do with it. He punched a producer in the mouth after abusing him with foul language for 20 minutes, because he couldn't get a hot steak after a drinking session in the local pub. Strange analogy. Gross misconduct at work from a serial boor, has potentialy cost him his job. These rules apply to all of us, don't they? Haven't seen this in any political party manifesto? 

well that's the million $ question isn't it  ... do we actually know that he did punch him  ... the witnesses at the hotel said he didn't , May said he didn't ( though he's potentially not a reliable\ unbiased witness)

The Mirror of course said he did and that the bloke had to go to A&E ... A&E  really !! .. no wonder the NHS is **** if people go there as a result of an alleged punch on the lips

well that's the million $ question isn't it  ... do we actually know that he did punch him  ... the witnesses at the hotel said he didn't , May said he didn't ( though he's potentially not a reliable\ unbiased witness)

The Mirror of course said he did and that the bloke had to go to A&E ... A&E  really !! .. no wonder the NHS is **** if people go there as a result of an alleged punch on the lips

:huh:

People can die from the result of just 1 punch. If he had to go to A & E, you'd imagine it was a pretty decent thwack the tosspot inflicted on him.

That's by the by though.

I guess we'll find out soon enough what actually happened, and whether he has gone or not.

:huh:

People can die from the result of just 1 punch. If he had to go to A & E, you'd imagine it was a pretty decent thwack the tosspot inflicted on him.

That's by the by though.

I guess we'll find out soon enough what actually happened, and whether he has gone or not.

the implication from the article was a cut lip  .. ( which I didn't make clear ) and why I was trivialising it

sounded more like someone thinking through their lawyer than someone with any real injury .. but I'm just an old cynic  ,I'm sure 54 yr old Clarkson packs a punch like Mike Tyson

Edited by tonyh29