The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

Without sounding strange, did people think everyone above and around us were going to lose and draw every game?

For instance, why would Sheffield winning today have made a huge difference if we had won?

What if they then went on to lose the next two, draw 2 and win 1?

Lol, aside from aesthetics I don't see what difference the order of the results actually make.

How have some people gone from "I think we may even be able to afford a draw" to it's over?

What if we were to win our remaining games and the others above us went wwdld?

Realistically, yes, mathematically, no.

The only thing that has changed is the expected order of results.

EDIT: Just realised they only need 4 points, and 5 at max. lol

I know what I was/am trying to say though

10th or 11th will be about right for us then.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I think going on the run that we have been on over the past few weeks, playing averagely and sometimes even poorly, just shows what this side is capable of in the near future. I think we're more than capable to get automatic promotion next year, and I think we should expect it.

Now that the promotion push is over,  I'd like to see us play football for 90 minutes. Not go a goal up and go backs to the wall.  

Hopefully now that results don't matter it will take some pressure off the lads to play freely.  

• Like 1

Our style of play is shit. We need to keep the ball more.. up the tempo and attack more. No chance of play off or relegation. Change it up. Give starts to some kids.. like Lyden and RHM.

• Like 4

I dont think going up after our mid-season slump was that realistic but last few weeks showed we can do well in this league even if playing poorly. I see nothing to say we wont automatically go up next year if we make sensible signings in summer

anything less next season is failure

8 hours ago, KJT123 said:

I think going on the run that we have been on over the past few weeks, playing averagely and sometimes even poorly, just shows what this side is capable of in the near future. I think we're more than capable to get automatic promotion next year, and I think we should expect it.

I agree but we also do need to improve the playing squad. We don't keep the ball well enough or create enough chances still. In all probability if we continued over a 46 games season next year as we have in the last 7-8 games with 30-40 % possession we won't sustain a promotion push.

If Hudds go up along with Toon & BHA, we wont finish above Leeds, Reading, SheffW or Fulham playing like we do now.

Throw in Derby under Rowett, Norwich, Preston and 2 of the 3 coming down we could buy Messi and still not get promoted.

Hoofing it because the manager cant get a back 4 & 1 DM + 2MF's to string a few passes together wont get us anywhere

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think going up after our mid-season slump was that realistic but last few weeks showed we can do well in this league even if playing poorly. I see nothing to say we wont automatically go up next year if we make sensible signings in summer

anything less next season is failure

I would be more convinced if we weren't so reliant on one man and the goals were being shared out a bit. it all breaks down without Kodjia

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

If Hudds go up along with Toon & BHA, we wont finish above Leeds, Reading, SheffW or Fulham playing like we do now.

Throw in Derby under Rowett, Norwich, Preston and 2 of the 3 coming down we could buy Messi and still not get promoted.

Hoofing it because the manager cant get a back 4 & 1 DM + 2MF's to string a few passes together wont get us anywhere

It's done alright the last few games!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nigel said:

It won't over a 46 game season. U won't sustain a promotional challenge not being able string a few passes together and with 30-40 % possession. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It won't over a 46 game season. U won't sustain a promotional challenge not being able string a few passes together and with 30-40 % possession. 

Well it hasn't been 46 games but Bruce's average points per game would have us third right now.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well it hasn't been 46 games but Bruce's average points per game would have us third right now.

Look at the results where theres no Kodjia then it doesnt look so rosy.

The way we play - if theres no lethal striker then we'll be closer to relegation than promotion.

You can probably count on one finger the number of games where we've scored more than 2 goals.

We have to be more expansive and creative with goals from all areas if we want to go up next year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Do you honestly believe that going about "the last few games" is going to be enough for a 46 games season?

This is a new team, even though we haven't been great to watch we have still pulled of an amazing run of results. Bruce hasn't even been here a year. Its good to be a villa fan again, i don't care what league we are in as long as it doesn't hurt anymore. The last few weeks have been refreshing and i can't wait for next season in the championship after the team have a whole pre-season together with maybe one or two additions. We have a striker... finally, that can score goals and as ropey as it has been at times, we also have a tight defence that will only get better. Lets not forget how shite we were. we will push for promotion but it will be 17/18.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Do you honestly believe that going about "the last few games" is going to be enough for a 46 games season?

Well if you consider 'these last few games' to be pretty much a quarter of the season then yes!

If you then add in his history of doing this very same thing in past seasons...then ....yes again!

seriously mate, you need to come around to this, Bruce ain't going anywhere! More so you are in the vast minority of folks who want him gone. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Dortmund under Klopp, Leicester and Atletico Madrid in recent seasons would suggest it can be done

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Well if you consider 'these last few games' to be pretty much a quarter of the season then yes!  

you have an opinion

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

If you then add in his history of doing this very same thing in past seasons...then ....yes again!  

fine 

you state you believe

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

seriously mate, you need to come around to this, Bruce ain't going anywhere!  

I'm well aware that that may be so

However, that far from means that those responsible for making that decision are automatically right

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

More so you are in the vast minority of folks who want him gone. 

Now this ^ is as patronising as it is completely irrelevant.

Does being in the minority mean being wrong?

Does being in the majority mean being right?

9 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Now this ^ is as patronising as it is completely irrelevant.

Does being in the minority mean being wrong?

Does being in the majority mean being right?

It's not patronising merely emphasing the earlier point.

The point being that regimes will only change on popular opinion. If the popular opinion points towards him being wanted he will be going nowhere. 

As for right and wrong nobody will know this till after the fact.

However we know this is the way we are going to go about things. Constantly attacking him will do no good to achieving these goals other than wind yourself up and focus on what's going wrong instead of what's going right.

• Like 1