January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Hogan in

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/01/31/hogan-joins-from-brentford

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Scott Hogan from Brentford.

The striker moves to Villa Park for an undisclosed fee and has put pen to paper on a four-and-a-half-year deal. 

Hogan has found the net 14 times in the Championship this term and can't wait to start life at Villa.

The 24-year-old said: “I’m delighted to be at a club like Aston Villa.

“With its history and tradition I can’t wait to start working hard and helping the team.

“It all happened quite quickly and now I'm looking forward to meeting my new team-mates tomorrow and beginning a new chapter in my career."

Missing comments such as "it was too late" and "I laughed quite hard then cried"

So now Hogan has been confirmed I guess the lights are out at Villa Park for another window. Lots of incoming action with more players in than any of us could have reasonably expected. It's just a pity the new boys have been left with such a huge mountain to climb due to the dreadful results we have had during this window. 

• Like 2

Pointless thread now, pointless efforts throughout the Jan window

Everything seems to be pointless.

Today's match is like a face slap to all of us, and all club managing staff, and most of all, to Xia.

I am sorry. I give up.

See you next season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

With the signings we did I fully expect us to buy noone but some youngsters over summer.  Gell this team together and win the Championship next season. 

If we don't promote next season we might as well disband 

There's no room for your optimism here. We're cursed don't you know? Read the memo next time!

3 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Pointless thread now, pointless efforts throughout the Jan window

Everything seems to be pointless.

Today's match is like a face slap to all of us, and all club managing staff, and most of all, to Xia.

I am sorry. I give up.

See you next season.

Nil desperandum Xia duce at auspice Xia! ;)

• Like 1

This time last year, we signed no one. Everybody moaned. This year we signed some players. Everybody moaned.

Don't ever change good people of VT, you mental bunch of clearing in the woods! :D