January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Which is fine but we really haven't spent loads in this window considering the 16m we are getting for Gestede, Westwood and Ayew. Plus any other outgoings today.

Oooh.  Is it net spend discussion time again?

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

As I say I'm getting mixed up, threads i9ncluded, so don't take this as gospel, but I think weve just signed Stan Collymore.......

Or sold him ??

Or ignored him?

• Like 1

Just now, Straggler said:

So you are saying he is never going to run around?  Hogan out!

"Never going to give you up, never going to let you down"

Nah that's our Rick, sorry, Scott.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'll tell you what, I'm actually glad I've not tried to follow this today! 

Has Taylor/Ayew been completed yet? Hogan appears to be done? 

Any more for any more? McCormack out?

Taylor ayew done deal and hogan done deal reportedly -just waiting for announcements .

westwood  confirmed to Burnley , bedeau confirmed to villa and Ross linked to forest loan .

• Like 1

been following the Sheffield wednesday forum and "their Jordan Rhodes saga"  from what i can make out so far,

1)they think its between us and them getting him on loan.....

2) they are obsessed with the parachute payments, not getting the reason for them is that premiership wages are 2 to 3 times of whats paid in championship.

3)they like counting the number of pages

36 minutes ago, Daweii said:

For the first time in my life I can see why Chelsea and Man City have so many plastic fans as this whole buying the league thing is very fun.

I feel like I'm actually feeding off the envy of the fans of all other Championship clubs right now. We literally have on paper the best team in the League, we just have to make the league position match that now.

I actually don't know how I feel about it.  On the one hand, it's nice that we have ambition and we're fixing our problems... but on the other, it kind of feels like we have no real plan and will just spend because we can.  I don't like that side of football and I don't like that we are "it" for this league.

(Also, FWIW, I think I'd rather have Newcastle's team.  Just about.)