January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, fonz said:

Bedeau bedeau da daaa d d d, bedeau bedeau da da da dah - to the tune of the bn bn advert. Will annoy the other team so much they'll lose concentration

Problem is it'll annoy our team too and every game will end 0-0.

What the bloody hell is this!? We just keep signing player after player. I was already over the moon with our midfield acquisitions, and now it seems we'll be getting Hogan in as well. 

For the first time in what feels like an eternity, we've pretty much addressed every single weakness in the squad, and all in one window. 

At the end of the day, I'm sure some of them might end up being a bit lackluster, but the level of excitement and joy I'm now feeling is unreal. There can be no denying we are firmly headed in the right direction after more than 5 years of total misery.

Thank you Dr. T! :wub:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

TBH, on one level it does look a bit amateurish that we spend £50m in the summer under the same owner, then 5 months later are looking to offload half of them and sign another raft of "the best at this level" players. I would probably laugh at it too if it was Newcastle doing it.

I am just grateful that we have the money and management to do it. Makes such a novel change to the 5 years of sleepwalking into the footballing Abyss.

Don't agree.  Its clear we needed a major overhaul and that the Summer was only half (or even only a third) of it.  As such it makes perfect sense that we continue to spend.  I really cant understand \Collymore or anyone with half a clue about Lerners last four years not knowing that.

And what if some signings haven't worked ?  It is never the case that 100 % work.  And in the case of Tish it is not necessarily the case he hasn't worked.  Equally nobody could reasonably have guessed a key part of that purchasing would decide to go AWOL.  That still leaves 5 other players anyway, so its not half !

And if we get promoted there will need to be another £40m spent, but again it would make perfect sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Keith Wyness deserves a lot of credit for what has been happening in this transfer window. We seem to have been doing business how we want to do business, instead of being pushed about by other clubs, players and their agents as we have been in the past.

Yep this whole 'having people in positions they're competent at' thing is really quite good isn't it? :)

• Like 2