January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

39 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Speaking of Platt, why does it come across that he has disdain for us? 

Don't know much about Bree, but he seems highly rated and the last highly rated player young player I remember us signing is Young, hopefully he can prove just as useful.

Platt is a clearing in the woods, he and Townsend can barely contain their contempt for their club, both are utter chatwads

will be cheesed off if Bree doesn't sign soon

Just now, VillanousOne said:

how many chairs are at Bodymoor Heath?

Remember the days of guessing how many club representatives would be at the press conference then deducting that from the number of chairs that were first in view to deduce whether that meant a single, double or triple player announcement?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Platt is a clearing in the woods

Yep seconded. He is just an utter bell.

Met him once. I used to be a ball boy once upon a time. When Platt came back for that friendly with Bari. I was there about 2- 3 hours before KO. He was standing on the pitch in his suit, talking to another bloke. Nobody in the ground, totally not busy. Asked him for his autograph...he said after the game kid. Heart broken, bottom lip went. Bell!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Platt is a clearing in the woods, he and Townsend can barely contain their contempt for their club, both are utter chatwads

will be cheesed off if Bree doesn't sign soon

What evidence have you got to claim both Platt and Townsend dislike the club? I've never heard a bad word about Villa from either of those two, and in fact just last night on Radio 5 Townsend said that Villa mean a lot to him (I don't think he ever moved from the midlands). So I don't know where you've got your impression from.

To be honest I couldn't care less what ex players say anyway. Platt was one of the best Villa players of the last 30 odd years and was absolute dynamite in a Villa shirt. I couldn't care less that he isn't a kind of Villa cheerleader like say Ian Taylor is because he did it on the pitch where it matters. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

What evidence have you got to claim both Platt and Townsend dislike the club? I've never heard a bad word about Villa from either of those two, and in fact just last night on Radio 5 Townsend said that Villa mean a lot to him (I don't think he ever moved from the midlands). So I don't know where you've got your impression from.

To be honest I couldn't care less what ex players say anyway. Platt was one of the best Villa players of the last 30 odd years and was absolute dynamite in a Villa shirt. I couldn't care less that he isn't a kind of Villa cheerleader like say Ian Taylor is because he did it on the pitch where it matters. 

Yeah, I've only ever heard good things spoken about Villa from Townsend, Platts disdain was aimed more towards Deadly if memory serves me, for cashing in on him when he was in his pomp, he pretty much had his pick of clubs and got sold to a mediocre Serie A team. Imagine where we'd be if he'd stuck around.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I"m going to Bodymoor Heath tomorrow. I'm a little bit excited as to what I might see.

Jealous. Great place.

You'll wonder how we can have been so shit over the last few years.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I"m going to Bodymoor Heath tomorrow. I'm a little bit excited as to what I might see.

Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Yeah, I've only ever heard good things spoken about Villa from Townsend, Platts disdain was aimed more towards Deadly if memory serves me, for cashing in on him when he was in his pomp, he pretty much had his pick of clubs and got sold to a mediocre Serie A team. Imagine where we'd be if he'd stuck around.

Players are allowed to refuse transfers you know.