January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If it's agent fees, we can't afford to be mugged off. 

I agree with the sentiment, but there's a line needs to be drawn somewhere. It's only been a few hours since the 'complication' reared it's head, so I'm sure it will be fine. This kind of stuff happens all the time. 

I agree with your comments and I hope things will go through OK although I have to admit I would rather draw that line sometime other than now and with this particular deal. I think we all want to see him line up alongside Lansbury and until this deal is done I will remain a touch worried that agents might try to get the money they want elsewhere.  . 

12 minutes ago, John said:

I agree with your comments and I hope things will go through OK although I have to admit I would rather draw that line sometime other than now and with this particular deal. I think we all want to see him line up alongside Lansbury and until this deal is done I will remain a touch worried that agents might try to get the money they want elsewhere.  . 

Regardless, we can't be bent over by an agent. It just can't happen. 

I'm not in any way suggesting we should walk away from the deal, but we shouldn't rush it through today rather than get the best deal for us tomorrow, just to ally fans fears. 

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Hopefully Hourihane is completed shortly. If he hasn't done so already, @BOF must be itching to post a "sign all the Barnsley players!!!" meme.

tumblr_mrnkporXhL1s2b98qo1_500.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Regardless, we can't be bent over by an agent. It just can't happen. 

I'm not in any way suggesting we should walk away from the deal, but we shouldn't rush it through today rather than get the best deal for us tomorrow, just to ally fans fears. 

For me, it depends how much bending would be required to get the deal done now. I would rather we take a flexible rather than a rigid approach to negotiations with his agents to try to get this deal done today. I'm sure the player would speak to his agents and tell them to do the same to make his move to us happen. Let's hope an amicable agreement can be reached between the club and the agents.     

11 minutes ago, John said:

For me, it depends how much bending would be required to get the deal done now. I would rather we take a flexible rather than a rigid approach to negotiations with his agents to try to get this deal done today. I'm sure the player would speak to his agents and tell them to do the same to make his move to us happen. Let's hope an amicable agreement can be reached between the club and the agents.     

I.e. We'll take a finger but not the full schlong.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, John said:

For me, it depends how much bending would be required to get the deal done now. I would rather we take a flexible rather than a rigid approach to negotiations with his agents to try to get this deal done today. 

Well yes, quite. I'm sure the club would too but without knowing what's going on, it's all just supposition. It doesn't change the point I'm making. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well yes, quite. I'm sure the club would too but without knowing what's going on, it's all just supposition. It doesn't change the point I'm making. 

Indeed and I can see the point that you have made. I think we all agree that agents play too large a role in transfers and want too big a cut from them for the role they play in them. I'm just hoping it is not our club that pays the price of losing the player for being a rare club who are prepared to take a stand against against an agent..    

2 minutes ago, Garvey13 said:

Birkir Bjarnason is the latest name being banded around seems we are going for a total midfield overhaul

Ooooh seems like Villatransfertweet is in agreement too...

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, Garvey13 said:

Birkir Bjarnason is the latest name being banded around seems we are going for a total midfield overhaul

Who the hell is that? I'm heading to Google now.. 

7 minutes ago, Garvey13 said:

I 'recommended' him in the summer. Thought he was quality for Iceland. Bit of everything, combative like all their players but with a genuine touch of class about him. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bjarnson isn't just any midfielder, he's a sexy one.

A pre-requisite of all our Jan signings is that they have to do a bit of modelling on the side...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3667970/ASOS-offers-hunky-Iceland-player-Birkir-Bjarnason-modelling-contract.html

There's a high level manager who has said in the past he wouldn't sign ugly players. I think it might have been Pochetino. 

Or I could be making the whole thing up.