January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why can't you say? 

What's the point....I said most of em.

just take one player out of many that folk think is ok.....Amavi.

not for me ....overrated lightweight, that I would sell at the drop of a hat....and he is meant to be one of the better ones....liability for me.

However, the overriding thing is can we get in better before we do.

we have sold players for not being up to it and proceeded to sign worse.

thats why we are where we are.

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because I wanted to know so that we could perhaps have a debate about it. No other reason. 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Nope

I want players on the way up, not on the way down.....no future in that speculation.

Edited by TRO

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-steve-bruce-12425597

Aston Villa transfers: Steve Bruce interested in former winger

The Middlesbrough winger is thought to be available for loan

Aston Villa are interested in signing Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing. 

Reports are circling that the former Villa winger has been made available for loan by Boro boss Aitor Karanka.

The club are thought to be chasing another four players this month after securing a deal for Manchester United goalkeeper Sam Johnstone and Downing would definitely fit the bill of what they're looking for.

Downing played his last game for the club in 2011 and scored the winner against Liverpool before departing to join the Merseysiders in the summer.

Downing, now 32, has played 19 times for his hometown club this season after helping them return to the Premier League last year.

Boro wouldn't be willing to loan him to a Premier League rival, so Villa would be in pole position to land him. 

Click bait 

Do the journalists from the Birmingham Mail ever actually do journalism stuff, or do they just regurgitate what other journalist write?

Just now, av1 said:

Do the journalists from the Birmingham Mail ever actually do journalism stuff, or do they just regurgitate what other journalist write?

they do a bit of a twitter search and then make you answer shit to read the articles.

Downing is past his best now for sure. lovely to see the playes that left us for the plop are doing so well now

10 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Hardly.

Don't see what Downing done wrong when he was here.

A model pro compared to the jokers we have had to deal with in recent years.

We paid him crazy wages while nursing him back to health only for him to turn around and give us the kiss off. He's a dickhead.

• Like 3