January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As somebody who doesn't live in Brum either, you're talking out of your arse mate. 

Where I live, London, Birmingham is seen as a bit of a treasure by anyone well travelled. Which means most people who live here.

People like Birmingham. I like Birmingham. It's a cracking city. 

You are not going to convince anyone but yourself Birmingham in seen as a treasure by the people of London. Rightly or wrongly, its seen as a city going backwards rather than forwards by Londoners and the population in general. 

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

It might sound old, but we are aston bloody villa and it doesnt matter what happens to other clubs, we are aston bloody villa and we deserve the best. 

we dont deserve anything in fairness. we need to earn it

8 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

We are a mid table Championship Club spunking money away on mediocre players. Not that exciting is it?

Brighton have a great new Stadium and the city on the whole is on the way up.

Like Birmingham  the city itself, we are stuck in the 80's.

Funny how it works with the whole current culture of the city thing mirroring the football club. There does seem to be some correlation...Leicester/King Richard another example.

Having attended two stag dos in Brighton I would argue that it is one of the grimmer towns I've ever been to. Whilst brum is really very improved of late and a thousand times friendlier. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Having attended two stag dos in Brighton I would argue that it is one of the grimmer towns I've ever been to. Whilst brum is really very improved of late and a thousand times friendlier. 

There's a reason you've been to two stag do's in Brighton tho tbf, and I think being pissed up isn't the best time to judge a city.

Brighton is a mini London, and there's a massive redevelopment being planned for the whole city centre.

6 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

You are not going to convince anyone but yourself Birmingham in seen as a treasure by the people of London. Rightly or wrongly, its seen as a city going backwards rather than forwards by Londoners and the population in general. 

I live in London. Most people I speak to who have actually visited Birmingham in the last 10-15 years or so say exactly what DDID said.

That's 2-0 now. Where is your evidence that Londoners see Birmingham as a City going backwards?

4 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

To think, if we get Houlihane, the combined fee for him and Lansbury at around 4mill is less the what we paid for Tishbola.(5m)

RDM and Stevie Clarke, got mugged off, in more ways then one

Have a "like", for not speculating about geography.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Like Birmingham  the city itself, we are stuck in the 80's

Have you been to Birmingham in the last 10 years ? The city has changed beyond recognition, and is now extremely vibrant, and far from the depressing hovel of the 80's

pedant alert: Brighton is a town and not a city it is a town that makes up part of the City of Brighton & Hove :P

• Like 1

As to the question, " Is Birmingham a forward moving city?", I went and googled the results of the latest poll that involved as many variables of demographics when posed that very question.

The results were very overwhelming. Most people responded that they didn't really give a shit. They were more concerned if Hourihane was going to sign rather than how many f###ing escalators there were in the library.

• Like 2

I've lived in London for ten years. I struggle to think of anyone who's been to Birmingham. I'd say most people are indifferent to it.

I suppose it's because you've got six airports within an hour or less from the city. The largest airport in Europe can be reached in 20 minutes by the Heathrow express. Then you've got easy access to the Eurostar which provides you a direct rail link into Europe.

It's like I've never been to Manchester. It's the kind of place I'd only go on a weekend, but unless it was for a stag do, then I don't see why I'd bother because I've got better facilities on my doorstep along with numerous travel links to Europe. 

That's not to say, however, that Birmingham city centre hasn't changed vastly, and if you think it's stuck in the 80s then you're wrong. 

Anyway, Knockaert wouldn't leave Brighton for us after what happened with his Dad. If you've seen him being interviewed recently, he shows an incredible amount of gratitude to Brighton and about how everyone at the club stuck by him during a very tough time. I think he feels he owes the club and I can't see him leaving anytime soon. Not for us and not for anyone. 

40 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

To think, if we get Houlihane, the combined fee for him and Lansbury at around 4mill is less the what we paid for Tishbola.(5m)

RDM and Stevie Clarke, got mugged off, in more ways then one

I was thinking this. Go back to those stats it looks like 2 players who are exactly what we need,  who should complement each other perfectly,  who are both leaders have become available exactly when we are desperate for them,  both near the end of their contracts when their clubs have no choice but to cash in therefore costing us relatively nothing.  

Good job God is a Villa fan innit. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was thinking this. Go back to those stats it looks like 2 players who are exactly what we need,  who should complement each other perfectly,  who are both leaders have become available exactly when we are desperate for them,  both near the end of their contracts when their clubs have no choice but to cash in therefore costing us relatively nothing.  

Good job God is a Villa fan innit. 

Satan is a blue nose.

He gave us Richards and Lescott.