January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 hours ago, av1 said:

From Sky sports. I wonder what Leicester would accept?

Here

Ranieri seems really reluctant to let him go (at least permanently) so it appears that a loan would be worth a shot maybe? Would be a good option, a proper target man who is also strong in the air and quite experienced at this level. Would have several suitors though...

We now have 2 (3 with Jedinak) proven leaders/captains in the heart of our midfield. Even more impressive it appears we have got them for very cheap. Time will tell if this window is a success, but initially I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 2

Really wouldn't mind Rhodes, younger and more prolific than McCormack - who I hope we can get rid of, would definitely prefer him to leave rather than Ayew who could perform well in this new look side. Just don't think Bruce fancies him though.

There are likely to be better options out there but not a lot of time to identify such a target and negotiate a deal. Just hope Gabby isn't our 2nd choice "striker" once the window is over. Loving  the look of our new midfield though and it looks as though we are after a LW too.

I wonder who those "outs" are after seeing the Doc's tweets... doubtful it will be those whose contracts expire in the summer anyway...Richards? Westwood? Bacuna? McCormack/Ayew?

Edited by Jas10

6 hours ago, Daweii said:

Even better is if Hourihane does even better here he'll leave for a huge profit.

Same for Bree we seem to have got him £1.4 million but in 3 years the lad could be worth 10x that if we nurture him correctly.

The great thing about these signings is they are good players, but unless something goes really really wrong they will be leaving us for a profit.

??????????????^^^^^

We shouldnt be buying to sell for a profit

We should be buying to better the squad

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Everything after this is just gravy.  The more outs we can shift the better, as they'll have been deemed surplus by Bruce so that's OK.  I kind of expect a striker to come in, although I bet we'll sell one as well in that situation.  All in all we're well set up for the remainder of the season, and chasing down those pesky Owls :) 

Meat without gravy just isnt worth eating

its like the skin of a chicken

the yoke of an egg

a midfield with a goal or to in it

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Meat without gravy just isnt worth eating

its like the skin of a chicken

the yoke of an egg

a midfield with a goal or to in it

A yoke for a single egg? Must be a pretty hard-boiled one, then.

(probably one that was hatched to Chicken Skin Music...)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Really wouldn't mind Rhodes, younger and more prolific than McCormack - who I hope we can get rid of, would definitely prefer him to leave rather than Ayew who could perform well in this new look side. Just don't think Bruce fancies him though.

There are likely to be better options out there but not a lot of time to identify such a target and negotiate a deal. Just hope Gabby isn't our 2nd choice "striker" once the window is over. Loving  the look of our new midfield though and it looks as though we are after a LW too.

I wonder who those "outs" are after seeing the Doc's tweets... doubtful it will be those whose contracts expire in the summer anyway...Richards? Westwood? Bacuna? McCormack/Ayew?

TBH skills wise Id prefer McCormack, however we dont need any more drama here.  Now id gladly swap for Rhodes, just for the professionalism alone.

• Like 1

Linked with a loan move for Max Gradel. 

Aston Villa have been linked with a move for Bournemouth winger Max Gradel .

Steve Bruce is reportedly keen to take the diminutive Ivory Coast international on loan for the remainder of the season with his game time limited with the Cherries.

Watford have had a £4million offer for Gradel turned down, while Villa’s Second City rivals Birmingham City are also keen to land the 29-year-old on a temporary basis.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-target-max-12513580

This would be a top signing and the only player we've been linked with so far I am genuinely excited about except maybe Hourihane to a lesser degree.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

??????????????^^^^^

We shouldnt be buying to sell for a profit

We should be buying to better the squad

Starting to make a profit on some signings wouldn't be a bad thing. It is how most clubs our size get by nowadays. We just need to enjoy success whilst they are here and replace them a lot better than we have done..

51 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-target-max-12513580

This would be a top signing and the only player we've been linked with so far I am genuinely excited about except maybe Hourihane to a lesser degree.

I'd take him, I've rated him since his Leicester days, he works hard but not only that, he has quality. Saying that, we might have enough options in attacking areas already

56 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He would be the worst out of all the wide players we have been linked and injury prone 

I rate Mordor Barrow higher

Edited by AshVilla