Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Could it be that Dr T and Wyness have already decided to sack Bruce but are waiting another two weeks until the transfer window closes for the sake of balancing the accounts? They may wish to avoid a new manager coming in and demanding money for a couple of his type of players before September 1st.

Probably not .... I'm just grasping at straws!

More chance of attracting a manager while he can still get a couple of deals done even if only loans . We have wasted millions on 2 managers who have themselves wasted millions on players - what a total mess !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

If he's three games form the sack then he's basically sacked.

Should just do it now and get it over with.

Bar an absolutely miraculous turnaround, nothing in the next 3 games will change things.

I see a draw against Norwich at best , forget the Wigan game and defeat at Bristol city who have started well and will be fired up for us on tv - surely then even xia will see the wood from the trees.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bar an absolutely miraculous turnaround, nothing in the next 3 games will change things.

Not saying you're wrong.

...but in reality what is the rush to appoint Pardew, Moyes, Big Sam - The track record of managers coming in once the season has started and securing promotion is poor - none of those guys are 'must gets' - Nor do they have other suitors in Mid August. Now if Jovanic, Dyche suddenly came on the market the whole thing changes. For all the wrong reasons holding fire on Bruce might just be the smartest move here. 

I don't get the head long rush to appoint another ropey manager - sure its a change - but then six more games in are we back here .....? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.  But I suppose it gives them another week to approach the next fella, working on the assumption that Bruce > no-one / caretaker.  Not sure many will agree with that, though on current evidence I wouldn't want Calderwood to step in even for a week.  Our recent caretakers have been worse than the sacked manager they replace.

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Yep.  But I suppose it gives them another week to approach the next fella, working on the assumption that Bruce > no-one / caretaker.  Not sure many will agree with that, though on current evidence I wouldn't want Calderwood to step in even for a week.  Our recent caretakers have been worse than the sacked manager they replace.

Terry as caretaker a better option than calderwood .

• Like 2

Ok if the players are good enough to get us out of this league, and the manager has done it 4 times before, then who is to blame?

I would look at getting rid of the coaches  - is it true that Bruce has never worked with Calderwood?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The International Break also coincide with these things, it makes sense to be honest.

New manager gets a bit of bedding in time etc.

Hopefully wouldn't need 10 months.

Don't be silly JV - we cannot possibly judge a manager until he has had at least one transfer window and a pre-season with HIS players. :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funny thing is, this has reminded me of how many of our new signings have played some beautiful, long forwarded passes on their debuts to get us excited.

By the time they are 2 - 3 games in they can barely trap a ball. lol

Lansbury's debut was exactly this; pin point passes to both sides of the pitch, now it seems like he's never played football before :huh:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Ok if the players are good enough to get us out of this league, and the manager has done it 4 times before, then who is to blame?

I would look at getting rid of the coaches  - is it true that Bruce has never worked with Calderwood?

it certainly looks like he doesn't at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Agree.

Weve not just started badly, we are replicating - as a minimum - most of our 2017 form.

We could win the next 5 ( which, by the way, is the sort of thing we should expect to be able to do if we are serious about Autonatic promotion ) and I still wouldn't think he was right for us now. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Yep - yet we paid money to approach calderwood, who Bruce had never worked with before. The results and performances nose dived from this point. To me it doesn't look like Calderwood was a Bruce appointment. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Yep - yet we paid money to approach calderwood, who Bruce had never worked with before. The results and performances nose dived from this point. To me it doesn't look like Calderwood was a Bruce appointment. 

Performances have been no good, for the main, since Bruce took over. People talk about the Brighton game but it was a one off - and I watched it - most of it - again in the summer and it really wasn't great..firstly it was only the last half hour really, and even then only  like the first half v Hull, or the last 5 minutes the other night, or the first 15 minutes at Cardiff,

in other words decent but nothing remarkable. Against Reading away for example we won, but the performance - although better than this time around - was bang average at best.

I don't think Calderwood has improved us at all, but I don't think we are worse either. We had some wins before he arrived, but we had another run of wins in the Spring too.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Not saying you're wrong.

...but in reality what is the rush to appoint Pardew, Moyes, Big Sam - The track record of managers coming in once the season has started and securing promotion is poor - none of those guys are 'must gets' - Nor do they have other suitors in Mid August. Now if Jovanic, Dyche suddenly came on the market the whole thing changes. For all the wrong reasons holding fire on Bruce might just be the smartest move here. 

I don't get the head long rush to appoint another ropey manager - sure its a change - but then six more games in are we back here .....? 

Yeah I get what you're saying. And I agree.

I'd hope any delay in sacking is to line up a proper replacement.

But that being said, I am so deflated after the last two games that I feel like if we keep Bruce we're headed for 3 more losses in those games. So we may as well stick a caretaker in charge and see if he can change something.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Not saying you're wrong.

when does the window to get a late transfer or loan to help the new guy end?

Â