Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well if you're going off facts then last season he took us from 22nd to 13th, an improvement of 9 positions, if he replicates that again this season we'll finish 4th and in the playoffs, where would that leave your opinion?

We ended further away from the play offs at the end of the season than when he took over, where does that leave your opinion?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

At least give Bruce some credit folks for bringing on Tshibola with 10 Seconds to go in order to guarantee the draw.  Tactical nous that and using all his experience :D

Wait till were taking Adomah off on the 60 minute mark to play Elmohamady as a second RB to protect a 1 - 0 lead.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

My only criticism is I don't think Bruce knows what he wants. We seem to change the way we play and who we play pretty consistently. 

If he wants us to play the wings, then you have to put more people in the box. Having Hogan who is short as the lone target in the box won't work. 

If he wants us to pass it and expose space, then we need to pack the midfield more. 

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Wait till were taking Adomah off on the 60 minute mark to play Elmohamady as a second RB to protect a 1 - 0 lead.

You joker...Adomah will drop in to be the 2nd RB. Kodjia will make way for Elmo.

I had a disagreement with a Villa fan at work yesterday. He is convinced that Villa will go up this season and I am convinced that Bruce will be sacked with the first 10 games. The football was just so bad last season that I thought (think) it's too much for him to turn it around without 4 or 5 quality additions. Apart from Terry, those we've been linked with are not what I consider to be the quality needed to change our fortunes, unfortunately. Let's hope Dr Xia finds a magic money tree to pick from.

Shite, and all the same issues we had last season remain. The commentator might have said it was 433, but for most of the game it was a negative 451, sitting back to defend against Walsall ffs

The movement is non-existent, the passing is pathetic and we only look like scoring from a set piece. What is Bruce doing on the training pitch?

Sometimes its the little things that stand out:

Lansbury was itching to get forward and get on the ball further up the pitch, but he is being shackled by this stupid quarterback role Bruce is having him play.

Throw ins - why does Thor seem to be the designated player to come short and receive the ball? He is willing but all it means is its going straight back to the opposition. At least set up so you have Lansbury or Hourihane coming to get it.

Amavi led a counter attack 2nd half, Gabby ran away from him and the only other player to be up with Amavi was Thor. A similar thing happened later on with Hogan. The lack of support going forward happens too often and with too many different players to be anything other than instructions. 

Hoofball - too many forward punts for Gabby to chase, which was then increased when Hogan came on. Again forward players isolated, and too many times the ball going into the box with just 1 or 2 players in there. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Which 'logic' are you referring to?

Bruce's woeful performance throughout this month imo  - e.g. Relying on you know who - deciding it wasn't working and then acting on deadline day to rectify this.

Would you not agree?

I think that the players are going to let him down big time. 

Bruce has made mistakes, he has signed players that do not compliment his style of football. 

Wyness is without a doubt monitoring everything and I am confident that they would have a few replacements in mind already in case this season goes pear shaped at the beginning. 

We have a lot of central midfielders and we are looking to sign more.  He needs to find players that can produce quality for our strikers on the flanks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

My only criticism is I don't think Bruce knows what he wants. We seem to change the way we play and who we play pretty consistently. 

If he wants us to play the wings, then you have to put more people in the box. Having Hogan who is short as the lone target in the box won't work. 

If he wants us to pass it and expose space, then we need to pack the midfield more. 

that's a pretty big criticism. He's had 9 months, and now a pre-season. His clue is entirely absent. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've scored a dubious pen in the last two games. We play our first league game in 2 and a half weeks. 

When's it all going to click and how?

Doesn't look likely does it

Don't worry, it's all about fitness, nothing else.
It's not about preparation for the new season, creating a style of play, trying new things and getting players to gel.

It about putting the miles in.

They may as well have run up and down the **** Malvern Hills for all the benefit playing football does them.

• Like 1

That was like a recurring nightmare watching that tonight, Walsall actually looked far brighter in attack than we did and often were a whisker away from putting somebody in on goal.... they actually did so a couple of times and a team with better strikers would again have beaten us tonight. Our attack was an embarrassment actually,

Well I will try to be positive God Knows it was rough enough getting here.

First half a little more pace, little more purpose.

I thought Bruce was mad giving Samba a trial but he was excellent.

Terry genuinely does exude authority. We will certainly be tougher with him around. Very composed again on the ball.

I don't like Birker but to be fair he did offer movement, it may trouble some teams,

Jake looked good.

Bree is better than Hutton.

Im afraid that's all I can think of.

After an hour the guy next to me turned and said " it's exactly the same isn't it ?"....

the guy behind and his mates joined in " how come every team we play plays better football than us ?"

By 75 minutes it was a general conversation,

Sadly they were all fair comments.

My view is we simply have too many good players to completely mess up. But st the moment that's the best I've got,

And why Davies on for 5 minutes ? Why Tish on for 30 seconds ?

And finally - has ANYBODY got the first idea what 'shape/ pattern ' we were 'trying out' for the last half hour ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

We ended further away from the play offs at the end of the season than when he took over, where does that leave your opinion?

Neil warnock took Cardiff from below us to above us in a spell that was 1 more game than Bruce's villa

Â