Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Neil warnock took Cardiff from below us to above us in a spell that was 1 more game than Bruce's villa

So what. Cardiff finished 8th the season before whereas we were one of the worst, most embarrassing teams in the world and on a massive downward spiral before Bruce took over.

I don't like him any more than anyone else. I'm just saying. Cardiff finishing above us means absolutely **** all. I can't remember anyone saying we should have gone for Warnock as manager at any stage in history ever. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

It also does not take 9 months to set a team up and implement a style of play. 

Jaap Stam, Gary Monk were able to do this within this time . Also Silva at Hull, Clement at Swansea..

I think we have been sold a dream by Bruce & Round.

What Bruce needs to do make this team effective. If he cannot. We need to find someone that can.

• Like 2

No urgency, all passing is always so laboured and predictable and no movement. Lansbury almost playing in defence he was so deep at times.

Walsall where the better team today.

We play exactly the same in preseason as we did all of last season, no Kodjia no goals.

I don't get why we have to work to some unwritten script of giving him X amount of games before sacking him. Obvious this dinosaur hasn't got a clue. Defence isn't bad but the rest of it is just a mish-mash of nothingness. Not just the attack but the none-existent midfield.

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

It also does not take 9 months to set a team up and implement a style of play. 

Jaap Stam, Gary Monk were able to do this within this time . Also Silva at Hull, Clement at Swansea..

I think we have been sold a dream by Bruce & Round.

What Bruce needs to do make this team effective. If he cannot. We need to find someone that can.

Bruce already has implemented his style of play. Tight defence, grad a goal somehow and try and see out the game. That ladies and gentleman is it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

So what. Cardiff finished 8th the season before whereas we were one of the worst, most embarrassing teams in the world and on a massive downward spiral before Bruce took over.

I don't like him any more than anyone else. I'm just saying. Cardiff finishing above us means absolutely **** all. 

Compare the squads, budgets and managerial pedigree its a massive failure. Not making play-offs last season alone was a massive failure

Unless Terry does what he did with RDM and take over the dressing room we are in a bit of trouble. Not like the squad is made up of journeyman cloggers. Hourihane, Lansbury, McCormack, Terry, Chester, Taylor, Amavi, Veretout and few others are all capable with ball at feet

no style, no ideas and no future under Bruce and has been apparent for about 8 months

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I don't like him any more than anyone else. I'm just saying. Cardiff finishing above us means absolutely **** all. I can't remember anyone saying we should have gone for Warnock as manager at any stage in history ever. 

So Cardiff being below us when warnock and Bruce were appointed and finishing above us means nothing?

Warnock plays a more effective brand of defensive snatch and grab than Bruce does with a worse team

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well TRO, still confident Bruce will get us promoted?

24 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well TRO, still confident Bruce will get us promoted?

Funnily enough, i think a single problem is having a knock on affect to so many other things in our play

I think we have a midfield problem.....the balance is simply not there, despite signing oodles of midfield players.....they are all too much the same.....not enough contrast.

when Jed is out we lose our ball winner and sorry no one else can do it.....would you play without a goal keeper?.....why play without a ball winner?

I honestly think this causing so many of our problems in so many area's of our play, we are like a four wheeled car with three wheels.

If we can get that right.....yes i think the other poor aspects of our play will improve and promotion could be acheived.

We can't get promotion playing like we are for sure.....we must address the midfield balance.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Funnily enough, i think a single problem is having a knock on affect to so many other things in our play

I think we have a midfield problem.....the balance is simply not there, despite signing oodles of midfield players.....they are all too much the same.....not enough contrast.

when Jed is out we lose our ball winner and sorry no one else can do it.....would you play without a goal keeper?.....why play without a ball winner?

I honestly think this causing so many of our problems in so many area's of our play, we are like a four wheeled car with three wheels.

If we can get that right.....yes i think the other poor aspects of our play will improve and promotion could be acheived.

We can't get promotion playing like we are for sure.....we must address the midfield balance.

we arent creating chances from midfield or making midfield runs beyond the striker. Jedinak is not going to prevent that

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

we arent creating chances from midfield or making midfield runs beyond the striker. Jedinak is not going to prevent that

This is my fear too. If we are struggling to break teams down with more 'progressive' players in the centre, just what are we gonna be like when jedinak comes back?

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Given that he has signed midfielders and not improved the midfield, what reason is there to think he will improve it in the coming weeks or months?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

I'm still convinced it will click come the opening game. We aren't miles away. I'm confident we are going to win the league. 

I'll have a pint of that. Actually make it a half, I've got to drive in the morning :P

• Like 1

Â