Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am sure I have read it is only a 2 year deal, but do not hold me to that. trying to find the quote/page.

I definitely read 2 years on one of the main media sites yesterday. Had quick look earlier when I saw people talking about 5 but couldn't see it again.

5 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

64404946.jpg

Needs to get his badges and try to proceed with it like everyone else, he is starting to look pathetic at this point.

His only current possibility would be getting in on a Trinidadian led takeover, but I am pretty certain most of their football funds are tied up in bribes. lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

We have decades of player interviews telling us that the support is very helpful to them.  And there's a reason the term 'home advantage' exists and it's not just about knowing your own pitch.  Players are affected both positively and negatively by support or a lackthereof.  Basically sports psychology and that intangible thing called pressure.  If a player plays with fear and is afraid of what he might do and the reaction to it before he has even done it, then he's less like to try; less likely to even want the ball.  That's bad for everyone.

Then there's the chicken and the egg dynamic.  Should the fans wait for something to cheer, or should they try to inspire the team to do something worth cheering.  I think it's a little from column A and a little from column B.  This is where I think the collective fan needs to know when the team needs them.  Needs the bit of help.  And also needs to be choosey about when to criticise lest they do more harm than good. That's not to say criticism has no place.  But it can't be indiscriminate otherwise it loses its impact and its meaning.

TL;DR I think the fans do matter.

Perfect post which sums up what you would have thought would have been common sense.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry Den that's not how the world works mate. People never come together in order to assist each other in reaching a common goal. Were you born under a rock or something?

I live on a rock, does that count? :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure what made me dislike himmore, kissing the Manure badge in front of the Holte, or signing for blues then claiming they have always been a bigger club with a larger fanbase.

Or perhaps it was doing both of those, then deciding after there were no other clubs that would pay him to say bad shit about us, that he would reinvent himself as Mr Aston Villa, because we're all idiots who don't remember that he's a word removed.

It was the celebrating like he won the world cup when he scored against us for Blackburn in my case.

• Like 2

Â