Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I feel like the club just rolled over in bed saw who they came home with and breathed a sigh of relief that after many years of abusing itself with drink and drugs, using hookers, and hitting rock bottom they had finally brought someone home who could help them sort themselves out and get back on their feet.

See, now that analogy works.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Bruce is so underwhelming to most that I think it could actually end up being a very good appointment.

We've tried the young and hungry "Gee it some PASHUNNNNN" type. We've tried the studious professor type and we've tried the 'Champions League winner but not done much else' type.

Maybe we just need to try a good, old fashioned sturdy English man?

I don't think it's the type of manager we've tried that's the problem, it's the fact that we haven't had good ones, whatever their style. 

55 minutes ago, Richard said:

The morning after the night before. I feel like the club just rolled over in bed saw who they came home with last night and thought **** me what have I done

Great analogy!

Utter tripe, but great nonetheless. 

• Like 1

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning.  Feels like the club was out on the pull, tried in on with a few who knocked us back and has ended up with the chubby one.  Seems to be grateful to be with us - now let's hope she turns out to be a keeper.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

The morning after the night before. I feel like the club just rolled over in bed saw who they came home with last night and thought **** me what have I done

She's also got the son you end up having to look after, he's a full grown man but you end up paying his way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard said:

then by the time you come out the shower, you realise he went downstairs and cooked a cracking great fry up for you that was just what you needed

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jimbop said:

Don't know if this has been posted already, I cba reading through 51 pages and risking giving myself bi-polar disorder when I'm currently quite happy with the appointment.

https://twitter.com/bruceatwedding

I feel like after I saw this twitter account I liked him more. Might it help?

Classic.

Would love to see Remi or RDM's ".....atwedding" sites!

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I don't really have an analogy.

Can only imagine our clueless owner woke up and hasn't yet realised what a boring and shite manager he has hired.

Clueless owner? Nice you've given him some time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

for me this is a McLeish appointment all over and it does for me question Xia ambition or was he just all talk about making us that big

then again if its only a contract until end of season then I wont complain that much

Oh come off it. And this is from the person who wanted master tactician Sherwood? 

Sometimes you need to solidify before you go forwards. Southampton under Pardew is a great example of this. Let's not write the new manager off because of one period where we had another manager from a certain club and they certainly are not the same. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Clueless owner? Nice you've given him some time. 

2 poor appointments, unbelievably naive in the transfer market and a loose cannon on twitter.

Not sure why it's not plausible to come to a reasonable decision after 6 months.

Just now, DK82 said:

Oh come off it. And this is from the person who wanted master tactician Sherwood? 

Sometimes you need to solidify before you go forwards. Southampton under Pardew is a great example of this. Let's not write the new manager off because of one period where we had another manager from a certain club and they certainly are not the same. 

Exactly. 

We have long term goals set out by the owner. To achieve any long term goal you have to achieve short term goals on the way. Our first one is to get out of this league. Until we do that, we'll not come close to achieving any long term goals. 

• Like 1

I must admit, I'm slowly coming round to the idea of Bruce.
Strange, as I was adamant I didn't want him anywhere near the club about 10 days ago. He's been there and he's done that, so to speak, and I'm quietly optimistic he can do a good job at B6.

Let's get behind the lads and beat the Portugal C team on Saturday. 

UTV. 

Â