Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm not saying I don't think we can do it, by the way chaps. I was literally just saying, 12 teams and 10 points, he might have more rope than people think. 

Absolutely DDID, Despite who is in charge, the gap between us and 1st place is sod all.

If it was April 2017 I would agree, no sodding chance.

But for the betting fellas of the community, how many times do we witness in our acca's on a Saturday.. the top team unbeaten in god knows how long in a league.. to be humped 4-1 at home to the team that is in the bottom 3 of that same league and is your coupon buster!!

I believe we can still actively win this league!

2 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

I just have this feeling that he will be a huge success as a villa manager.

As much as I have been pissed about the appointment, and already displayed my discontent to everyone and their brother over this appointment, it will be ironic now that we will perhaps win the league or gain promotion and make me look like a c***!, So be it.   Football is a funny old game!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

No revelling here I can assure you - just a complete feeling of being totally underwhelmed and can't help thinking we have yet again missed a trick - this is a short term fix to a long term issue. I actually don't mind Bruce as a person and often see him on telly telling it as it is - and in some ways I can't help feel for him because  i'm telling you if he doesn't get of to a reasonable start you just watch the grenades start flying his way!

Post of the evening for me.

This has got short term fix written all over it, and if Bruce gets us promoted it will mean another rebuilding job in the premier league - but given the players we've been buying, proven championship players who probably wouldn't cut it in the Prem, i thought that getting promoted and then rebuilding was the plan all along. If Tony reckons he's got the cash to do it then fair enough. Until then Bruce gets the same treatment from me as every other manager, which is a fair chance to show what he can do. 

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Same old posters with the same old negative crap. Bruce is a perfect fit for Villa at this time for the some purpose of getting back into the PL and the ££££££'s that go along with it. What do people care if he's sacked in the PL if Villa are back in there. Gambling on wildcards who may not get Villa there would be a far riskier appointment. 

Anybody saying they would take more seasons in the Championship to 'develop' are taking rubbish, they are the same posters slagging off the club and players on a weekly/daily basis. 

If Bruce suave, nicely dressed and wasn't butt ugly with his record of promotions from this league then more people would be raving for him. People are that fickle. 

The same people bringing up his poorer signings won't mention his good ones and if his signings were all that bad he wouldn't have won so many promotions. Take your head out of your backsides. 

I think most ppl against the appointment believe he won't actually get us promoted.

I'm happy with this appointment, I'm equally hacked off reading about the inbred vermin felchers connection by the media, they're obsessed by it.

Welcome to AVFC Steve, I hope your stay with us is a successful one.

• Like 1

I think Steve Bruce is another manager in the Martin O'Neil/Paul Lambert mould and that concerns me when I think about where the club wants to go but, as many have said, he is probably (CV would back this up) the right man for us at the moment. 

As long as his transfer dealings are watched over closely by those above, and he doesn't lumber us with hefty wage bills and dud signings, I think that he will get us back to the Premier League. However, he is not a magician and he would need to be to get our midfield working. Therefore, let's please all be aware of this and give the man enough time to do his job. He won't (realistically) be able to change that midfield until January so let's give him chance to do that before making any harsh criticism - IF things aren't going greatly. 

If we don't get promoted this season I don't think people should automatically blame Steve Bruce, which is what I fear will happen. As long as we improve and look a much better, winning side going into next season I will be happy with that. 

• Like 3

I for one welcome our new Geordie overlord. 

Like the face that his first official statement says "we" instead of "they" when referring to The Villa.  It's probably carefully constructed PR nonsense but it's suckered me in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Same old posters with the same old negative crap. Bruce is a perfect fit for Villa at this time for the some purpose of getting back into the PL and the ££££££'s that go along with it. What do people care if he's sacked in the PL if Villa are back in there. Gambling on wildcards who may not get Villa there would be a far riskier appointment. 

Anybody saying they would take more seasons in the Championship to 'develop' are taking rubbish, they are the same posters slagging off the club and players on a weekly/daily basis. 

If Bruce suave, nicely dressed and wasn't butt ugly with his record of promotions from this league then more people would be raving for him. People are that fickle. 

The same people bringing up his poorer signings won't mention his good ones and if his signings were all that bad he wouldn't have won so many promotions. Take your head out of your backsides. 

That's your opinion - which clearly you are entitled too- doesn't make you right mind

I think it's the most sensible appointment in many years at villa, maybe as far back at MON but i have the benefit of hindsight too. We have good players who are playing with a bit of fear at the minute, bruce is a miles better man manager than di matteo

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wezbid said:

How dare you talk common sense on here!    

Â