Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

yes, I think that is fair comment.

Yes you look back in the past. the best managers we have had were all in their early 40s or younger when they got the job at Villa. Saunders, Taylor, Little and Gregory.

Edited by PaulC

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes you look back in the past. the best managers we have had were all in their early 40s or younger when they got the job at Villa. Saunders, Taylor, Little and Gregory.

but as Stevo said in one of his posts.....SB is not necessarily a long term plan, but if for some reason it all clicks and he is tearing it up.....it would take a brave man to remove him on the basis he is too old......EG Alex Ferguson/Arsene Wenger

We just have to suck it and see and see what unfolds.

I would guess the most ardent fans of SB will feel the breeze, if he goes 10 games without a win.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Ron Atkinson says Hi......

McLeish MK 2, fed up of his unnecessarily cautious approach to games, far too deep, far too much of a reliance on counter attacks, we have the quality to keep the ball and create but no, he still favours us playing through midfield and giving the opposition possession. Absolutely shocking stuff.

• Like 2

Bye Bye. Don't care if we win tonight.

Sole tactic since day one,regardless of formation of players selected has been 10 players camped in our own half, let the opposition play, hope we get the chance to counter but just concede instead.

You are managing Villa in the Championship. You have the better team, the better individuals...so go out there and attack, and press, and win the game.

Gutless. Spineless.

Bye Bye.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Let's hope we see some kind of identifying our play tonight, might give the fans a bit of a lift.

Well it's identifiable.

Its a repeat of the negative timid tactics that are becoming our hallmark.

Either it's to instruction- I think it is - and it should stop, or it's not to instruction in which case why can't he get the players to do what he wants ?

But nobody will convince me Lansbury is playing in defence by choice.

Compare his tactics to those of Smith against us, Wagner against Brighton. They both had their teams go at the opposition, and when they scored, go at them again.

We have sat back and hoofed, got a goal through the one time we pressed, got the ball and worked it through the middle, and then went straight back to sitting back and hoofing again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

McLeish MK 2, fed up of his unnecessarily cautious approach to games, far too deep, far too much of a reliance on counter attacks, we have the quality to keep the ball and create but no, he still favours us playing through midfield and giving the opposition possession. Absolutely shocking stuff.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bye Bye. Don't care if we win tonight.

Sole tactic since day one,regardless of formation of players selected has been 10 players camped in our own half, let the opposition play, hope we get the chance to counter but just concede instead.

You are managing Villa in the Championship. You have the better team, the better individuals...so go out there and attack, and press, and win the game.

Gutless. Spineless.

Bye Bye.

:crylaugh:

VT. Bloody brilliant.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Have you watched a game since we joined? We could have Messi, Suarez and Neymar and we would still play this gutless spinless camped in our own half shit.

I have. All of them.

I'm still sat here laughing at your post :D 

Never wanted him as he is a one dimensional manager and surprise surprise he is showing  that he is tatically clueless. That's why i wanted Wagner who appears to know how to set a team out to play. Oh well I look forward to this thread being in other football within a year. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not calling for him to be sacked, just very upset at his approach to games, got anything worth contributing or just more bollocks?

Mostly bollocks :thumb: 

At least I admit to it ;) 

Put it another way.

Those who think Bruce is doing well .... exactly what difference is there between what we just watched and what we watched under Mcleish, or Black ?

Im not being an over emotional child, I'd just like to know, because I'm bored and miserable watching this, just as I was the other night, and just as I have been since about mid/ late December.

Â