Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The press had a hold of the story, Bruce was left with no other option than to get ahead of it.

Plus, they had tried everything else. I think they genuinely wanted the last ditch kick up the arse to work because he is a **** good player underneath it all.

They had been handling it privately for 4 months.

Not saying you are wrong but where did you read that?

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Not saying you are wrong but where did you read that?

Dave is right , Bruce said it the other day - he was tipped off the press were going to run with it so wanted to put his side of things out there first .

Edited by Eastie

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I didn't say we should have won. What I was angling at, and probably worded badly, was that Im not seeing a style to the play at the minute. Even before deadline day. We just seem a bit 'bitty' with our performances. The personnel should have produced better performances at Norwich, Cardiff, Wolves and Brentford. I'd expect and hope to see something better at Forest. 

I'm 100% behind Bruce, and badly want him to succeed and I'm sure he will, but I still reserve the right to call a bad performance bad. All I want to see is something before the end of the season to give me optimism for next year. 

Of course you reserve the right to criticise.....and I was pissed off with what I saw.

what I am saying is....we cannot on one hand try to understand the problems.....

....and then say we should have won.

we are not ready yet.....its being worked on.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah, two examples in the last 25 years...

LIke I said, IF we find a manager who can be long term, fine. 

But going out with the goal of finding the next alex ferguson doesn't work. 

I just don't get the references to Sherwood and Garde ,one signed on a 2yr contract ,the other was totally humiliated by Lerner and co. So I fail to see how those appointments were ,made with any thoughts of longevity . I just think that we could of found a better manager .

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I didn't say we should have won. What I was angling at, and probably worded badly, was that Im not seeing a style to the play at the minute. Even before deadline day. We just seem a bit 'bitty' with our performances. The personnel should have produced better performances at Norwich, Cardiff, Wolves and Brentford. I'd expect and hope to see something better at Forest. 

I'm 100% behind Bruce, and badly want him to succeed and I'm sure he will, but I still reserve the right to call a bad performance bad. All I want to see is something before the end of the season to give me optimism for next year. 

article-2613012-1D58E95600000578-841_634

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

People are right. We do need to stop sacking the manager.

However before we do that, we need to hire the right one.

and who might that be?

1 hour ago, TRO said:

and who might that be?

Well I'm not for one minute going to make out I know. I think rowett would be a good choice. 

What is without doubt is that based on the last 2 months, it's not Steve Bruce. 

Here's to hoping here begins to prove me wrong this evening.... tho I'm fairly confident that il be bored stiff.

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I just don't get the references to Sherwood and Garde ,one signed on a 2yr contract ,the other was totally humiliated by Lerner and co. So I fail to see how those appointments were ,made with any thoughts of longevity . I just think that we could of found a better manager .

They were unproven gambles. Other better managers were available but were seen to be worse because they had lower ceilings.

So instead we went for unproven managers on the off chance they might be the next big thing.

We should be appointing managers who we know is good enough to take us to the next step of our long term goal.

Well I'm not for one minute going to make out I know. I think rowett would be a good choice. 

Here's to hoping here begins to prove me wrong this evening.... tho I'm fairly confident that il be bored stiff.

I hope you're wrong too, but there's a good chance it won't be vintage. However, if we see signs of getting back to our early form under him I'll happily give him more time.

I have lost my belief in Bruce.

However,

For the record.

I hope we win today, play great football and that it continues getting better. (in other words I hope he proves me wrong)

Because I'm a Villa fan

I want us to win

I'll be 100% supportive if him and the team even though I feel he hasnt proved enough for me but its not my decision to sack him.

I hope for

Good team selection

a good set up

100% commitment

3pts and a good performance

Its a fair shout.....

I would not have been critical had it of been Rowett.....but it doesn't matter what name you offer, its a gamble.....but when someone has cracked this 4 times, the odds of getting it wrong are slightly reduced.

I just believe we have a Rowett type in Steve Bruce .......with bundles more experience.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I have lost my belief in Bruce.

However,

For the record.

I hope we win today, play great football and that it continues getting better. (in other words I hope he proves me wrong)

Because I'm a Villa fan

I want us to win

I'll be 100% supportive if him and the team even though I feel he hasnt proved enough for me but its not my decision to sack him.

I hope for

Good team selection

a good set up

100% commitment

3pts and a good performance

And I hope for

Better formatting

Because

That's not nice

To read

• Like 4

I think after 6 odd years of utter codswallop, we are entitled to be short fused and impatient.

but the 6 years (of call it what you will) is not Steve Bruces fault ......and just because there is a groundswell of frustration.....He cannot fix it any quicker, than he is trying.

He has no intention and nor will happen that he goes on a run losing games like we did in the past.....but it isn't right yet.

I do think Steve needs support and encouragement from the fans, to help get through this.

Hope the improvement starts today.

ps I would have been more confident with Jedinak in, to help the new lads settle.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its a fair shout.....

I would not have been critical had it of been Rowett.....but it doesn't matter what name you offer, its a gamble.....but when someone has cracked this 4 times, the odds of getting it wrong are slightly reduced.

I just believe we have a Rowett type in Steve Bruce .......with bundles more experience.

Yes but I counter that with Rowett being younger and more more hungry to succeed. Bruce obviously felt the stress atHhull. I just wonder whether this job may have come at the wrong time for him. Time will tell of course!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes but I counter that with Rowett being younger and more more hungry to succeed. Bruce obviously felt the stress atHhull. I just wonder whether this job may have come at the wrong time for him. Time will tell of course!

yes, I think that is fair comment.

Â