Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

A Legend in his own lunchtime..........literally.

He joins the list of current Managers literally stealing a living, but somehow manage to continue getting jobs, ala Allardyce, Pulis, Bruce etc.

It's always the same clubs, how do they not all learn?!  The British Manager's Association is the biggest swindle out there.  Thank God we stuck with Dean rather than go for Allardyce.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's always the same clubs, how do they not all learn?!  The British Manager's Association is the biggest swindle out there.  Thank God we stuck with Dean rather than go for Allardyce.

to think there were quite a few people on here touting allardyce last season (to keep us up) 🤮

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I just imagine the management cartel have some sort of online scam going on, maybe a pop up everytime a manager is sacked. Click now for your tried and tested British tactician. You wake up the next day and they post a Bruce or Pulis type to your club

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's holding back so many younger managers and ex-pros. It's a joke. These dinosaurs need to stay away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Amazing that Baggies sacked Bilic. Glad we are no longer the tin can operation we were late Lerner/ Xia years and flying through managers. 

• Like 1

"Too defensive in the approach?

Well we have played the same sort of way and I have changed the personnel at the top end of the pitch to try to give us something a little bit different because we haven't scored enough or created enough.

That was my thinking, playing Ryan Fraser and Sean Longstaff as two false number 10s instead of Miguel Almiron and Big Joe.

Of course, because of the games we've had I tried to pick a team with a certain freshness.

I wanted to see if something different would work.

In hindsight what I needed was to get in at half-time to change things around but unfortunately the red card put pay to that."

There is no deeper thought or planning behind anything he does other than the current situation isn't working so he should try "something" new.

Thought Longstaff was a defensive midfielder?

Fraser is just a winger so that was never really going to work.

Always chuckle when Bruce in the post match interviews always says "we gave the ball away cheaply." Well work on it in training then! You wouldn't say the likes of Southampton or forgive me....Leeds have that much better players in defence or midfield but they're far better drilled to keep possesion for decent spells in games because they work on it constantly in the week.

A Steve Bruce team simply dosen't do enough work on that on the training pitch, it was the same with us. We have 48% in the play off final and that figure would've been much lower given Fulham were down to 10 men for last 25 years and were dropping deep to defend the 1-0 anyway.

Edited by VillaChris

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

A Steve Bruce team simply dosen't do enough work on that on the training pitch, it was the same with us. We have 48% in the play off final and that figure would've been much lower given Fulham were down to 10 men for last 25 years and were dropping deep to defend the 1-0 anyway.

I watched this game and can't remember a foul that bad. You'd get less for murder!

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Might actually get easier for these managers to get jobs as well, as hiring foreigners is more difficult now due to visa requirements.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Talksport was painful this morning, Jim White and Simon Jordan (who at least admits he is close to Bruce) having the same old digs at Newcastle fans "rounding on him" and the "mob" online. Absolute groundhog day stuff.

Do they expect them to be happy about this? It's absolutely dire. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Do they expect them to be happy about this? It's absolutely dire. 

What do they expect/who could they get better/would the football be any better with the players/they don't have the money to spend/he hasn't had money to spend all got an run out. I very nearly called in.

• Like 2

Â