Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Pulled the 4-4-2 out the hat this week. 

Good times. 5-3-2 one week abandoned at half time then 4-4-2 the next week abandoned after an hour then back to 4-5-1 you played prior for 5 months.

It's textbook Brucey. FM novice. We tactics and coaching ain't working so I'll just pull a new formation out my arsehole and hope for the best.

Samba in a back 3. 4-4-2 with Hogan and Gabby.

Shudders.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Doing it his way... 

Starting Wilson, Carroll, Joelinton and Almiron (although Google has it down as a 4-4-2)

When they lose those players are going under the bus 

Expect Emile Smith Rowe to further the buzz around him 

No. It's so when they get pumped he can say I don't know what the fans want I picked 4 attackers. They've got it in for me!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pulled the 4-4-2 out the hat this week. 

Good times. 5-3-2 one week abandoned at half time then 4-4-2 the next week abandoned after an hour then back to 4-5-1 you played prior for 5 months.

It's textbook Brucey. FM novice. We tactics and coaching ain't working so I'll just pull a new formation out my arsehole and hope for the best.

Samba in a back 3. 4-4-2 with Hogan and Gabby.

Shudders.

Its a new 4-2-4 by the looks of it, he was watching some videos of the 1950s games. He is just the ultimate tactical hipster ;) 

43 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He has made 8 changes tonight 🤦‍♂️

He needs a goal so the obvious solution is to play all the strikers, with their boots on of course. The game isn't about tactical nous or retaining possession. 

Edited by villa89

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No. It's so when they get pumped he can say I don't know what the fans want I picked 4 attackers. They've got it in for me!

That's what I mean, he'll say its the quality of the players not the system, he has to play defensive football because they're not good enough to do anything else 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did he really say he is going to do it his way now after being manager for a year and a half?🤦🏽‍♂️

Yup. He basically said he's going to stop aping Benitez's tactics even though the players seem to prefer them (for some weird reason!).

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did he really say he is going to do it his way now after being manager for a year and a half?🤦🏽‍♂️

Pretty sure he said the same at Villa after a period of poor form, it’s just another of his tactics.

Edit - tactics is clearly the wrong word to use in the context of Bruce!

Â