Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He already has his excuse ready if they get thumped. "See, this is what happens when I try to play attacking football with this squad".

"Of course there'll be a few saying we were too defensive, we had four strikers out there tonight and they can't get a goal for us. Not much more I can do...boots...dust...sleeves"

• Haha 1

Andy Townsend absolving him of all blame right now. Saying he doesn't have much to work with re: personnel. They all look dispirited etc. I wonder why? He spent 100m augmenting this squad. Don't think that's the problem here.

Good to see them playing attacking football today; they've had four attempts on goal - one each for the strikers.

He is genuinely a lovely bloke, he loves the game, cares about the players and is by all accounts really good to work with - sadly I think the game might have gotten away from him though. It's a tough league.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good to see them playing attacking football today; they've had four attempts on goal - one each for the strikers.

He is genuinely a lovely bloke, he loves the game, cares about the players and is by all accounts really good to work with - sadly I think the game might have gotten away from him though. It's a tough league.

He didn’t care much about James Chester.

Just now, villalad21 said:

It was never sustainable.

They were fluking results against the run of play in the whole of last season.

It’s what he did with us and what he did the start of this season, in fairness he is pretty good at it but that’s all he has.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I’m worried we’ll get a reaction from them after this result.  I fully expect them to dust themselves down and roll their sleeves up.  Not sure we’ll cope against that.

Wouldn’t worry, this lot won’t remember to put their boots on.

They look rock bottom, Carroll was fuming coming off.

He has clearly lost the players.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I’m worried we’ll get a reaction from them after this result.  I fully expect them to dust themselves down and roll their sleeves up.  Not sure we’ll cope against that.

Unless covid really did a number of us, there's no chance they'll do anything of not against us. Game at VP last season was the easiest 3 points we've had for ages.

Â