Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d have enjoyed the end result of promotion, sure. Would I have enjoyed the journey? No. Would I retrospectively suddenly enjoy the way we played for much of the season, no.

I though our football was poor almost all season, yes we won games which is the objective but I didn’t enjoy how we played. I didn’t think it would be enough and so it proved.

Its nothing to do with begrudging Bruce success, I would despite if he he actually had any, the issue people took when we won was the way we did it. People like myself said it wasn’t good enough, we said it wouldn’t win enough games, that it wasn’t sustainable, that you can’t just depend on individual brilliance. Ultimately we were proven right.

Yes you was right and the others that said similar.

for my part, i just supported him hoping things would change, but they didn't.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TRO said:

I can't can't counter your point, its your opinion, I was just reiterating mine.

I think you are trying to reignite an argument that is dead Dave, with Steve Bruce, he has gone.

Its irrespective what my feelings on Steve Bruce are, anymore than Dean Smith.....I am not expecting promotion, last or this season, But I will be delighted if we do.

I have never expected Villa to win anything....expecting being the operative word.

I was in Rotterdam and was not expecting us to win, but hoped we would.....I can't make it much clearer....I never expected us to win the league either the previous season, but thought we had a chance....expecting has a certain lack of respect of all the factors to me...but that's just me.

I don't give a flying wotsit what the Bookies say football is unpredictable, maybe Man City are close to expecting, but in our lifetime we have never been that strong.

Neither of us are right or wrong....its just a stance.

To be fair TRO - I responded to a post I didn't reignite anything.

I don't feel you can cite Rotterdam or winning the league tbh as like you I never expected to see us win these trophies nor I guess would many of us - however these achievements are poles apart from getting out of the championship - and whilst you dismiss the bookies TRO - they are not normally too wide of the mark.

Look TRO I have the utmost respect for you - probably more than anyone on here - but it just seems odd that given everything Bruce had handed on a plate - you didn't expect us to gain promotion, but hey if that's what you felt then so be it - I would add that I'm not expecting promotion this year, hoping yes but I think Bruce left DS with a bit too much to do - but who knows maybe just maybe.

time to put this to bed I feel and focus on smashing the noses eh?

• Like 1

On 12/08/2018 at 16:27, Tomaszk said:

Last minute winners = good

Steve Bruce football = bad

What a treat those who currently enjoy watching us have to come. It'll blow your mind when we start consistently passing and moving.

It's here.

And it is **** glorious.

• Haha 1

When you see the changes we have made in such a short amount of time, it just backs up my opinion giving bruce 2 years was a ridiculous decision. The endless excuses made for him become more laughable every game dean smith has. 

Who are they going to get better than me? He asked back in September. Didn't take long for us show what a daft question it was, from an arrogant man failing in his job. 

Thank god his time here will be a short stain on our history. 

• Like 3

You just know Bruce is currently in Portugal, losing weight and getting a tan and waiting for the right time to crawl back into public view to protect his reputation with the help from his press pals.

I bet he has been waiting for Smith to have a sticky spell so he could use that to his advantage. Unlucky Steve.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You just know Bruce is currently in Portugal, losing weight and getting a tan and waiting for the right time to crawl back into public view to protect his reputation with the help from his press pals.

I bet he has been waiting for Smith to have a sticky spell so he could use that to his advantage. Unlucky Steve.

I really, really don’t think Steve Bruce is that kind of guy.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yep, sounds like Bruce. As soon as we hit a sticky patch he will appear. Prick.

2 hours ago, Dale said:

Currently favourite for Reading job... Will we get to stop paying him if he takes it. Assuming he's effectively on gardening leave? 

Return of the Bruce and Bacuna dream team

On 24/11/2018 at 16:33, TRO said:

Yes you was right and the others that said similar.

for my part, i just supported him hoping things would change, but they didn't.

I take zero pleasure from having been so mate neither do I blame people who thought as you did. The way I look at it if everyone had thought like me when the owners arrived we would have got Henry and I honestly think that would have been a disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I take zero pleasure from having been so mate neither do I blame people who thought as you did. The way I look at it if everyone had thought like me when the owners arrived we would have got Henry and I honestly think that would have been a disaster.

With regards to Henry ....In hindsight so do I.

I just hope that if we have a wobble, folk stay with him.

He is a bit like Red Adair.....only useful in a crises.

I think he is only likely to get a job that requires an arrest of poor fortunes as opposed to a mid table team looking for a challenge.

His style really does proceed him, like Pulis and Big Sam.....it won't lend itself to a decent job.

Edited by TRO

On 02/12/2018 at 21:14, Genie said:

I really, really don’t think Steve Bruce is that kind of guy.

He does come across as a good guy for the most part, but as shown by his constant comments, and constant self nurishment when he wins...the guy has a MASSIVE ego.

He hides it better than most but it is there, and it will be hurting. Sunderland fans hate him for the fact that even now he snipes at them for sacking him. He is a prick.

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He does come across as a good guy for the most part, but as shown by his constant comments, and constant self nurishment when he wins...the guy has a MASSIVE ego.

I don’t read it the same way myself, he got an incredible amount of abuse whilst our manager almost from the outset. His little jibes were reminders to the population that were constantly on his back. He came in when we were in free fall, steadied the ship then got us up the table and 45 minutes from the premier league.

It wasn’t pretty, and there is an argument for sure he should have done better with what he had but this guy got a disgusting level of abuse, often personal, from a lot of our fan base. Then they all get pissy when he has a little slight dig back at them after he has strung a few wins together. How dare he!! 

...and this is all on the back of both of his parents being ill and dying within months of each other.

Hes not perfect, but he seems like a nice enough guy to me. He did his best, it didn’t work out so I wish him the best in the future.

Â