Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, hippo said:

Leeds approach Bruce.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/08/leeds-united-approach-aston-villas-steve-bruce-interest-managerial/

leeds United have taken advantage of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Aston Villa’s financial predicament by moving to see whether manager Steve Bruce is interested in a switch to Elland Road.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Leeds approach Bruce.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/08/leeds-united-approach-aston-villas-steve-bruce-interest-managerial/

leeds United have taken advantage of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Aston Villa’s financial predicament by moving to see whether manager Steve Bruce is interested in a switch to Elland Road.

Go on Steve, its a great club, good career move. You can take all your coaches too. It's a tough decision but we'll not stand in your way ;)

• Like 4

From a cost cutting perspective he is apparently the highest paid manager in league he also has 3 first team coaches to get rid of them and bring in a manager who does't need 3 coaches would save us quite a lot I'd have thought 

• Like 2

Approached him through intermediaries? His agent? Do they not have to get the clubs permission to try and speak to him? Sounds like they sense villa won't care too much to me. This could be down to the financial mess or maybe Xia hasn't wanted to get rid for a while but couldn't afford too. Would make sense why he didn't go in December when Xia appeared about set to pull the trigger. 

In a parallel universe Steve was sacked and we got promoted and have no financial issues. 

(being fair to the Bruce in fans) in another universe Grealish scored on that mazy run and we went on to win and now Bruce is a record breaker for promotions and we're trying to buy Fulham players. 

I've just depressed myself ?

Edited by TheEgo
Typos
  • Haha 3

This had better be a joke:-(

Anyone got a list of reasons you want Bruce gone? (If you do).

Be interesting for our forum

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not boring this summer is it

There will defo be some form of compensation owed if he does leave so... yea. Hope he doesn’t go though. Be the worst thing that can happen after the events of this week. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cjay said:

"Fielding half the pitch with strikers when you're behind and struggling to impose yourself on the game as it is, will swing momentum in your favour.

Strikers = goals. Build up play = poppycock.

Consider this deeply."

Excerpt from Steve Bruce's, Way of Strategy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Do you like watching football? Then imagine staring into a bowl of ditch water for hours on end.... in a flat..... above a chip shop.... in Norwich.

11 minutes ago, Cjay said:

1827 pages right here mate :)

I'm sure our current financial crisis might interest you as a Leeds fan.

Manchester United.

does a Leeds forum need any more at this point?

18 minutes ago, Cjay said:

His reluctance to use youth players. Only one who has gotten a decent chance of the last year which was Keinan Davis and that was only because of how short we were up top. As soon a Grabban joined he didn't get another look in.

Also brought in Onomah who wasn't that great, who played in similar position to a great young talent we have Calum O'Hare. O'Hare again got about one or two chances, in which he got an assist in but was never to be seen in the match day squad.

As I write this Andre Green also got a chance when Adomah was injured but he got injured too and I wonder if he would have been frozen out as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Grealish turns 23 in a few months, hardly a youngster in football terms.

I know anyone under 27 is considered young and promising at Villa but he's hardly a kid is he.

Keep paying Bruce top dollars to be a totally different manager just because he's already here is just stupid.

so he's 22

Im calling BS on this rumour (in the sense I don't think it will happen)

- He is clearly 2nd choice for leeds

-He is nothing like the first choice manager

- Raneiri is also in the frame for leeds and would be more a 'fit' if the Beisa guy is first choice

-Think this has been leaked to press to hurry Beisa along 

if a genuine approach - leeds must also have got wind that Xia isn't about to sack Bruce. 

The only time we don’t give a manager a stupid long contract which could get us some compensation, he’s the one that gets poached ?.

Ah the joys of being a Villa fan. Wake me up when football stops being a thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Cjay said:

He’ll probably get you play offs, just forget about watching the games until mid May. 

Â