Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

The promotion expert, given time for 2 shots at promotion, 3 windows, a squad most CH clubs could only dream of?

Nah, I will stick with failed miserably. 

We was heading the same way as Sunderland until he came in how can people not see that. He spent money rebuilding an awful, awful side and turned us around into promotion contenders, we could have gone up, we was so close so it's not failing miserably. I can understand fans wanting him out for reasons even though I don't agree with them but to say it was failing miserably is completely incorrect. 

• Like 3

WTF!?

Leeds are going to get Bielsa?

I've wanted him for Villa for years, while we were in the PL.

The stories I've read about Bielsa make me weep with joy.

My father, in discussion about my own career ambitions has always told me, "You have to be a little bit mad to become great"

Bielsa, both analytical and obsessive. Yet dignified. Is aptly coined El Loco.

Pretty confident Guardiola has called him the best in the world.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

WTF!?

Leeds are going to get Bielsa?

I've wanted him for Villa for years, while we were in the PL.

The stories I've read about Bielsa make me weep with joy.

My father, in discussion about my own career ambitions has always told me, "You have to be a little bit mad to become great"

Bielsa, both analytical and obsessive. Yet dignified. Is aptly coined El Loco.

Pretty confident Guardiola has called him the best in the world.

Nah he's not going there I don't think.  They seemed to have moved onto the best thing.  Tbh this could turn out quite well for us if Bruce goes and we get some compensation.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Leeds interested in bruce. Please please please. 

Although, the fact our board kept him last year and want to keep him this year fills me with utter dread about his replacement. 

Blimey, he hasn't gone yet.....but you are getting your ammunition ready for his replacement, already....nowt like preparation.?

I would love to know what your reaction was when we signed Ron Saunders. .....albeit, history can be rolled back as a convenience.

Its the future that's a bit tricky.

Edited by TRO

Surely the fact Leeds want Bruce ahead of Bielsa tells you something? 

And how can he even be considered a good manager? Done nothing for about 30 years now, just a "character" I suppose it's what most fans want now, a manager who runs up and down touchline shouting orders trying to play attacking footbal. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Although, the fact our board kept him last year and want to keep him this year fills me with utter dread about his replacement. 

It's going to be McCarthy

You know it and I know it 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's going to be McCarthy

You know it and I know it 

Big Sam.....The Dudley boy always wanted it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Big Sam.....The Dudley boy always wanted it.

Be the ultimate happy ending story. Villa go to brink of bankruptcy to fund a promotion bid - the following season we achieve promotion on a shoestring with Big Sam

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Surely the fact Leeds want Bruce ahead of Bielsa tells you something? 

And how can he even be considered a good manager? Done nothing for about 30 years now, just a "character" I suppose it's what most fans want now, a manager who runs up and down touchline shouting orders trying to play attacking footbal. 

Are you referring to Bielsa?

I couldn't be bothered explaining to you why he's a top football brain and good manager.

I will just point out that he's actually been in two major cup finals in the last 6 years, losing to Atletico and Barcelona, although managing to knock out Man Utd along the way, beating them in both legs.

His walking out of his last three clubs is a bit worrying but I have no insight as to what transpired there.

• Like 1

Bielsa walked out on Lille, Lazio and Marseille over transfers apparantly.

Lazio promised to sign certain players, they didnt, so he left.

Lille signed tons of players he didnt want.

Marseille sold key players (same as Bilbao i think) against his wishes.

His record at Marseille was 4th with 50% win percentage so not to bad.

I cant reply to people individually atm sorry, Internet issues.

Phil Hay said an hour ago to someone "he wasnt aware of any approach to Bruce, although wouldn't rule him out if Bielsa falls through".

Apparently we have 2 options apart from Bielsa, one foreign (rumoured to be either Almeyda or Inzaghi) and one British ( no clue who but seems whoever was mentioned to Phil it wasnt Bruce).

Thank the lord.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, penguin said:

Bielsa is a nutcase. I'd love him here but you know, especially with our luck, that he'd quit after a couple of games.

We've had enough nutcases here, it's the absolute last thing we need.

48 minutes ago, villanmac said:

If this does become a ground zero "we've got as much chance as anyone of going up" situation it's Olof Mellberg for me. 

Even though he's reportedly given up management. Yeh.

Â