Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

This is a common response of Bruce supporters and I remember seeing the same comment from Lambert supporters. They are measly words from people with little or no aspiration for success. I bet Wolves fans are grateful that their owners weren't so blinkered when they were going through the last days of the Lambert experiment!

Ok... great... so, who is the answer? 

Maybe we can save money by not have so many first team coaches, I have no idea what any of them bring to the table, not meaning they are bad just no idea who does what. We have the back room of a top Premiership club, which well, we aren't.

Also the only argument for keeping Bruce i know is that we are no longer trying to achieve promotion next season, we are trying to ride out the FFP storm and keep ourselves in a decent position foundations wise, hopefully by bringing youth players in and getting them up to speed. It could even by a case of not getting relegated.

If people want to keep Bruce in order to get promotion next season on a shoe string then I personally think it won't happen, nor should he get that chance.

Keeping Bruce just ensures that the current bomb squad leave at an even bigger loss, as much as I am not arguing for Lansbury, McCormack, Gil, De Laet, Tishibola, Elphick or even Hogan etc to play for us again because I think they have been harshly treated or whatever, it just feels like we can't afford to let them all leave for a huge loss and have to re-integrate them.

I mean isn't part of what is damaging to FFP is writing of player value? Does this mean we keep paying loads of overpaid deadwood until we can balance the books then let them leave for nothing?

Like Schrodinger's cat for FFP, while McCormack is in the box he is still worth the 12 mil we paid and is still 'that player'. If we let him out of the box the FFP panel will see his career is 'dead' and he is worth tit all.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

I still can't believe with what he had at his disposal Bruce has failed to get us promoted.

He has quite simply bottled it and has let the size of the club and task at hand overwhelm him and played us as a team setup mostly in fear of losing alot of the time.

He failed to get us promotion playing negative defensive football too too often and it caught him out in the end.

I cannot see how he can now overcome the same objective this season now with only half of the squad and no real kitty to bring in new faces. 

It's a case of please Steve, get off now while we are idle at the station because the journey ahead I fear he will run into a disaster. Bow out now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

We’re having a discussion on Steve Bruce, you want him replaced. Who is the answer? 

You do realise that by asking me that question you have just placed yourself in the group of people that I described as having a lack of aspiration.

It is not for the fans to decide the next manager as the club has highly paid (I won't say competent) people in place to do that. A bit like the Wolves board that decided to appoint Nuno rather than ask the fans that might have said "Who can we get that is better"?

You see how this works?

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 19:06, TRO said:

My opinions on the team ,were always there....The manner of that defeat, just highlighted them.

don't you think the QPR , Bolton & Norwich games actually cost us.....?

I chose not to go, such was my premeditated thoughts, so don't give me the " change like the weather" rubbish.....I just chose to support him,all season, despite my reservations of the teams play, which are not entirely the same of most of his critics.

I think overall he has done well.....I just want him to address some of the issues that made us fall short.

Yes, you've  been a supporter of Bruce, but you haven't  blinded yourself  to his faults,  and I  admire you for that. You're  never contentious just for the sake of it. 

You've  always  admired the man, so I find it slightly galling to hear you being criticised  about your loyalty, by someone who once hated the man but, couldn't come up with any reason why, except  it might of been the Blues connection, go figure. 

19 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

You do realise that by asking me that question you have just placed yourself in the group of people that I described as having a lack of aspiration.

It is not for the fans to decide the next manager as the club has highly paid (I won't say competent) people in place to do that. A bit like the Wolves board that decided to appoint Nuno rather than ask the fans that might have said "Who can we get that is better"?

You see how this works?

I’m not really bothered about being put into a group. If that is your thing, then that’s cool. 

Anyway - you’re avoiding the question. All I want is a name of someone who you think will get us promoted next season. There must be someone that can get us to win more games than we did this season. 

Wolves have got away with doing what they did this season, by having that super agent (is he part of the ownership of the club - can’t remember?),  who was able to bring in certain individuals who got them playing very well indeed (Except when they came up against a defensive Villa side at Villa Park - 4-1, was it?)  We are not wolves and we will not be doing anything like what they have done.

Cardiff got promoted with Warnock

Is Fulham’s manager the next big thing? Talk of Chelsea being interested.

who do you think we should get?  

Edited by Tayls

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m not really bothered about being put into a group. If that is your thing, then that’s cool. 

Anyway - you’re avoiding the question. All I want is a name of someone who you think will get us promoted next season. There must be someone that can get us to win more games than we did this season. 

Wolves have got away with doing what they did this season, by having that super agent (is he part of the ownership of the club - can’t remember?),  who was able to bring in certain individuals who got them playing very well indeed.  We are not wolves and we will not being doing anything like what they have done.

Cardiff got promoted with Warnock

Is Fulham’s manager the next big thing? Talk of Chelsea being interested.

who do you think we should get?  

Zidane.

Edit. It's not about winning more games than we did last season. We could win less and still go up. What we need to do is get more points than at least 22 other clubs.

Edited by pacbuddies

34 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Alex Bruce's take responding to Villa fans criticism of his dad.

Hmmm. We scored 4 or more goals in 7 games (31 goals in total), meaning we scored 41 goals in the remaining 39 games. Plus 1 goal in 3 Playoff games.

That doesn't sound that good to me, it just screams inconsistent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

We’re having a discussion on Steve Bruce, you want him replaced. Who is the answer? 

The discussion is about sacking Bruce and why he should go.

There is a separate thread for who the new manager should be

• Like 1

I think the statement xia put out was fair enough and gave Bruce a way out  with head held high - however Bruce doesn’t seem to have taken it and now we need to take the action and sack him .

No doubt the press will side with Bruce but ultimately who cares if we are made to look the bad guys in all this .

There are press rumours xia and Bruce will speak this week to discuss the future - I think Bruce will be gone within hours of that meeting .

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You've shown over these past 18 months, that in your desire to excuse bruce for any failure and continue to praise him that you ignore when anyone puts forward any argument or reasons, repeatedly claiming that all people say is bruce is shit. There have been many posts detailing concerns and reasons why people feel he is the wrong man. You choose to ignore them so you can blame anyone but him. 

That's rubbish...I have always acknowledged he is not perfect, Just Like Warnock or many other similar managers.

My point is.....say what you mean, don't make nebulous statements.....be clear in what your are trying to say.

Eddie Howe was a modern day epitome, now its not so sure.

Get a grip or your argument or view.

Jose has finished second with all the criticism for cautious football , but ahead of the swashbuckling Spurs.........

Its all about the players you buy doing there job......of course the manager has to be responsible for that, but he can't do it for them.

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You've shown over these past 18 months, that in your desire to excuse bruce for any failure and continue to praise him that you ignore when anyone puts forward any argument or reasons, repeatedly claiming that all people say is bruce is shit. There have been many posts detailing concerns and reasons why people feel he is the wrong man. You choose to ignore them so you can blame anyone but him. 

**** me I have had my concerns and listed them, but if you are asking me to condemn him for everything that he has done.....that's ridiculous in my book.

11 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Completely agree with him to be fair. 

He will obviously defend his dad and his comments are fair enough - however Bruce was brought in to win promotion and has failed to achieve that aim . 

‘Yes he got close and yes there were big improvements in many areas but the job he was brought in to do he did not succeed . 

‘He did an ok job here but not enough to continue as we now need to go with a new strategy. 

‘As he himself said he knew the consequences.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Completely agree with him to be fair. 

We probably only remember and obsess over the games where we didn't win, where our tactics harmed our performance, but ultimately I don't think even the biggest Bruce fans would agree we naturally play fast flowing attacking football by default.

As probably covered on here many times, most don't expect us to be Barcelona, attacking football doesn't always guarantee you points.

But I can't remember a conversation coming up where someone said 'if only we hadn't played that extra striker' or 'if only we hadn't dropped our holding midfielder' i've never seen a discussion on this board that people have got angry for us being too attacking. Which tells me that for the players/squad we have and the times we failed to beat teams like Bolton, the majority of frustrations are probably justified.

But it's been a fine line.

Â