Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I suppose the real puzzle in that case is how, with terrible signings that have been poorly coached and used, we find ourselves in the top 6. There must be a lot of clubs who have made even worse signings and coached them even more poorly, I guess.

So after over 12 months  in charge and millions of £££ spent - are you suggesting we should be heaping praise on Bruce for reaching the heady heights of 6th in the championship ? 

Not for me i’m Afraid - he’s going to have to do a tad better than 6th to win me over 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

100%

of course, say that on here and you get crucified. 

But it’s so obviously true. 

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

Utter nonsense and frankly most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this board. If you honestly believe this to be true, I really feel for you. 

See?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

So after over 12 months  in charge and millions of £££ spent - are you suggesting we should be heaping praise on Bruce for reaching the heady heights of 6th in the championship ? 

No. He's not.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Not for me i’m Afraid - he’s going to have to do a tad better than 6th to win me over 

I suspect you know very well I’m not suggesting that and there is no basis in anything I’ve said to justify this statement.

This thread has truly gone to pot.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Ha ha. It’s comments of this broad, strategic quality that remind me why I stay away from the thread.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but attempts to mock me will never work. 

18 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sticks and stones will break my bones but attempts to mock me will never work. 

I've always felt pretty confident that it's take more than a stick or a stone to break any of my bones.  Mocking me actually has more of an impact as it makes me feel a bit sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

You are a LOUSY poet. So, take that !

:)

I've decided in fitting with anyone that doesn't think Steve Bruce is brilliant, that I shall blame him for not being a better poet. 

Bruce out!

13 hours ago, vreitti said:

Utter nonsense and frankly most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this board. If you honestly believe this to be true, I really feel for you. 

Oh really, should I go back and dig up the comments around the Middlesboro cup game, or maybe even just the latest ones plotting out how we're going to lose the next 2 or 3 and then sack the Manager?

Thanks for feeling for me, really needed that, what a life winner you are.

11 hours ago, Dave J said:

Steve Bruce's November to-do list:

Beat QPR

Beat Sunderland

Beat Ipswich

Win over 'Dave J'

I can imagine he's losing immense amounts of sleep right now not meeting Dave J's expectations.,

45 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I suspect Dave meant to add 'explain', but would have been more honest if he'd remembered to include 'one'.

Ok.

I'm confused either way.
How can that possibly need explaining? And how could it be so offensive as to prompt someone to tell me to "do one"?

Edited by Stevo985

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh really, should I go back and dig up the comments around the Middlesboro cup game, or maybe even just the latest ones plotting out how we're going to lose the next 2 or 3 and then sack the Manager?

Thanks for feeling for me, really needed that, what a life winner you are.

I'm well aware of the opinion of both camps, and there certainly isn't any widespread view on here wanting us to loose just to get rid of the manager. I myself want Bruce gone, the sooner the better, simply because I don't think results thus far have been good enough, and I don't think they'll get any better, nor do I see him getting us promoted. Never in a million years do I however ever want us to loose any game, irrespective of who's in charge.

Regarding Bruce I've sadly reached the point where I don't look forward to games anymore, due to the fact that the football is so utterly dreadful. I'm glad for y'all that are still able to enjoy this turgid crap and useless manager, but I'll certainly keep "moaning" until we've actually turned a corner. Terribly sorry if that offends you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This video about MON and the Irish is pretty spot on about the issues I have with Bruce. 2 in some manners very similar managers (and totally different in others) with similar flaws.

What they talk about around the 5 min mark with players not quite understanding their roles in the system and the 9 min mark and on where he talk about how Harry Arter can look so good at Bournemouth but when with Ireland he just hoofs the ball are my 2 biggest issues. 

The second point partly explains how people can look comfortable and composed on the ball at other clubs but look like amateurs with us.

Looking from the outside for me it comes down to coaching, just like it does for Ireland with MON.

Â