Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Steve Bruce's November to-do list:

Beat QPR

Beat Sunderland

Beat Ipswich

Win over 'Dave J'

I can imagine he's losing immense amounts of sleep right now not meeting Dave J's expectations.,

You see now - this is just silly. This is a fans forum where we all come together to share views and opinions on all matters Villa - so why the need to post something like this just because I don’t share you’re views on Bruce ? 

You like him - good for you i’m Happy for you. I don’t ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce is an old fashioned manager that hasn't moved with the times. There is no disputing that. Some fans think he is doing an ok if not good job. Other fans think he Is the devil reincarnated.

The reality is somewhere in between. 

Yeah i would go with that....But he has given the club a bit of stability too, thats what these kind of managers do.....I get what the critics, criticise him for and I have my moments of frustration.

The problem is you could make a change and fix somethings and disrupt others.

There was an interesting article in the Sun 30 September on "Mauricio Pochettino" critics accusing him of not having a plan 'B'.....him of all people.....He used to stand by 4-2-3-1in the early days....They was saying the manager who was so predictable is now so hard to guess, he has more formations than "Strictly".....He said He and his players have evolved from days at the beginning when it is important to settle the philosophy.He said "Today we have more of the players working with us after two or three seasons and you have more time to provide the team with different ways to play"

Steve Bruce has  only had 12 months and not the squad Pochettino can enjoy.

Edited by TRO

As time/games go by and we are not closer to the target „Promotion“ the ridiculing and labeling those who want Bruce out as „troublecausers“ becomes less and less credible.

Needless to say, speaking personally, if we get promoted, weey-hey, I‘ll gladly admit I was wrong. (and pay my £‘s to VT).

Will those calling the likes of myself, nutter, agenda-womble, ........ etc because they think otherwise  equally come clean when Bruce fails us all?

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah i would go with that....But he has given the club a bit of stability too, thats what these kind of managers do.....I get what the critics, criticise him for and I have my moments of frustration.

There was an interesting article in the Sun 30 September on "Mauricio Pochettino" critics accusing him of not having a plan 'B'.....him of all people.....He used to stand by 4-2-3-1in the early days....They was saying the manager who was so predictable is now so hard to guess, he has more formations than "Strictly".....He said He and his players have evolved from days at the beginning when it is important to settle the philosophy.Today we have more of the players working with us after two or three seasons and you have more time to provide the team with different ways to play.

If this is what stabilty looks like

F****** Stability.

We need promotion

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

No, the idea was put across that people wanted us to lose so they could show some sort of bragging rights to strangers on a forum. That's the crazy part. 

I wanted us to lose one game in the hope for better to come. Completely different. 

Both are equally as ridiculous in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

There was an interesting article in the Sun 30 September on "Mauricio Pochettino" critics accusing him of not having a plan 'B'.....him of all people.....He used to stand by 4-2-3-1in the early days....They was saying the manager who was so predictable is now so hard to guess, he has more formations than "Strictly".....He said He and his players have evolved from days at the beginning when it is important to settle the philosophy.Today we have more of the players working with us after two or three seasons and you have more time to provide the team with different ways to play.

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If this is what stabilty looks like

F****** Stability.

We need promotion

Well done boys, I think you finally just managed to condense 1234 pages into 2 posts there :)

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

As time/games go by and we are not closer to the target „Promotion“ the ridiculing and labeling those who want Bruce out as „troublecausers“ becomes less and less credible.

Needless to say, speaking personally, if we get promoted, weey-hey, I‘ll gladly admit I was wrong. (and pay my £‘s to VT).

Will those calling the likes of myself, nutter, agenda-womble, ........ etc because they think otherwise  equally come clean when Bruce fails us all?

GH Your overall point of not playing convincing football, and wanting promotion is I would suspect within the fanbase of Aston Villa football club a universal view.

I personally,  would share that view with you.....where i differ from your view is that to come down on the manager for every aspect of it to make matters worse you nit pick every irritation the man gives you, is not my idea of fair.

Where I struggle with your view is that you seem to be at odds with any bit of praise or reconciliation anyone attempts to offer.....It appears and i will stand corrected on this, that you favour pulling him apart as opposed to what he does ( its him rather than his actions)

I happen to like Steve Bruce, don't think he is a great manager, maybe old school, but I think he is a decent guy and creates an environment that the players can work in harmony.

We could change him for a model of more your choice and it could bring the changes you want, but with it things that create disruption elsewhere and that can have a different detrimental affect of the club.

Rarely are these things like rebuilding a battered football club (in so many ways) without complexity.

We all want what you want.....make no mistake about......but some of us right or wrong have a more mitigating view as to how and when it is achieved.

We can all cite examples of who, why and what has been done elsewhere and there is other examples to the contrary as why, what and where is hasn't been achieved, despite strenuous efforts.

I share you frustration.

I haven't always been as committed to trying to  be reasonable in my villa supporting life.....I was a bit hard on HDE in the "Villa fans combined" days, Hindsight is helpful.....I never ever thought I would say this but not everything about HDE was bad.....He still comes to the games now in his nineties.

All I would ask you to do.....even if you vehemently disagree, with the argument.........is just attempt to see the other persons view.

UTV .....and looking forward to going up.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that some people would rather be right and see us lose than be wrong and see us win. 

They have nothing to moan about then.

What utter rubbish. 

Not being happy with the performance of the manager does not equate to wanting to see us lose no matter how smug and superior smarmy comments like this make the Bruce Lovers feel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

What utter rubbish. 

Not being happy with the performance of the manager does not equate to wanting to see us lose no matter how smug and superior smarmy comments like this make the Bruce Lovers feel.

The thing is they are not "Bruce lovers" they are Bruce acceptors.....but like all fans they have their own degrees of acceptability.

just like the fans who are detractors......i have frustration with the football too, i just don't blame him for ALL of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

You see now - this is just silly. This is a fans forum where we all come together to share views and opinions on all matters Villa - so why the need to post something like this just because I don’t share you’re views on Bruce ? 

You like him - good for you i’m Happy for you. I don’t ???

Absolutely spot on  . I'm beginning to think it's Alex Bruce, in disguise. 

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

The thing is they are not "Bruce lovers" they are Bruce acceptors.....but like all fans they have their own degrees of acceptability.

just like the fans who are detractors......i have frustration with the football too, i just don't blame him for ALL of it.

Bruce acceptors ? Sounds like a brand of gloves .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

What utter rubbish. 

I said some. Not you babes x

2 hours ago, TRO said:

There was an interesting article in the Sun 30 September on "Mauricio Pochettino" critics accusing him of not having a plan 'B'.....him of all people.....He used to stand by 4-2-3-1in the early days....They was saying the manager who was so predictable is now so hard to guess, he has more formations than "Strictly".....He said He and his players have evolved from days at the beginning when it is important to settle the philosophy.He said "Today we have more of the players working with us after two or three seasons and you have more time to provide the team with different ways to play"

At least Pochettino attempts to always play good football. Bruce has never managed a team that play decent football . You can't compare him to Bruce, has you said , Bruce is old school ,andvthatvaint ever going to change .

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

Explain this- I asked a question ( are you suggesting )  but hey it’s a forum i’ll Let it slide. Maybe try it one day 

I answered your question. You asked if briny was suggesting we should be heaping praise on Bruce.

He clearly wasn't suggesting that, hence why I answered "No. He's not"

What do I need to explain?

Edited by Stevo985

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I wanted us to lose that one game against Boro so I could say I was right. Because my theory was that would pressure the board to sack him, a new manager would be able to do better with an excellent championship squad and the club would succeed. Of course I wanted that to be right. Now I didn't want him to lose so I could tell a bunch of strangers on an internet forum I was right, I wanted to be right because I genuinely believed it would benefit the club I support. 

I think the idea someone would want their club to lose, just so they can tell someone they've never met and don't even know, that they're right is pretty daft. And to me, it speaks more about the mindset of those that actually think that would happen. 

This is very noble of you, but it's glaringly obvious that it does happen.

Â