Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Karren Brady says....

As a board, we have sacked only five managers (including Slaven) of the nine we have worked with in that quarter of a century.

And as soon as the job became available, some of our past managers were straight on the phone asking for another chance to work with us.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4890707/slaven-bilic-west-ham-karren-brady-david-moyes-sacking/

Managers who've served under that board....Barry Fry, Trevor Francis, Steve Bruce, Alex McLeish, Zola, Avram Grant, Big Sam, Bilic....

Looks like SB is missing the premier league. :lol:

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Karren Brady says....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4890707/slaven-bilic-west-ham-karren-brady-david-moyes-sacking/

Managers who've served under that board....Barry Fry, Trevor Francis, Steve Bruce, Alex McLeish, Zola, Avram Grant, Big Sam, Bilic....

He's awful.

But if we tank, not a chance he'll walk away without collecting his payoff.

If I were wealthy enough I'd pay the compensation to entice West Ham to offer him the job.

If West Ham were to think of anything in the world they don't need right now, Steve Bruce would be near the top of the list. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Karren Brady says....

Couldn't possibly have been any of the others right?

Let's all just jump to conclusions, they said that shooter in Vegas wasn't working alone right? He was white and, hang on, so is Steve Bruce so wait there, let me do my math real quick, 2+2=.....9 

All problems in the world solved, it was Steve Bruce all along. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Karren Brady says....

You didn’t answer the question. 

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

you‘re finally coming round to the correct way of thinking

Better late than never

You could subject me to a 48 hour intense private screening of your ongoing propaganda and manipulation and I still would not think like you.

And frankly, I'm better for it thanks.

• Like 2

Looks lik

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Karren Brady says....

If that is the only "source" for your claim that Bruce applied for the West Ham job, may I respectfully suggest it is a little, er, flimsy - or as we say in the vernacular, non-existent. :crylaugh:

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Let's all just jump to conclusions, they said that shooter in Vegas wasn't working alone right? He was white and, hang on, so is Steve Bruce so wait there, let me do my math real quick, 2+2=.....9 

I'm actually with you on this one.

At first reading I thought there was some kind of conclusive evidence of this (unfortunately even got a little excited). lol

However, it seems to be FAKE NEWS.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 23:45, BigJim said:

Isn't the fault at the manager's door whichever way you answer it?  He's the one who brought half of them in and he's the one who  picks all of them every week. Why would you keep selecting players who couldn't carry out your instructions?

That bit I accept Jim.

But its clear to me that some are much better than others and the some do tend to carry out their jobs more efficiently.

now is that because Steve Bruce coaches them better, so he has a different coaching style for each group of players?......or is it they are just better quality players in the first place?....and capable of making better decisions?

I accept your point its his responsibility either way, but it would be helpful if we were more consistent in what we are criticising him for.....or is it both.

I do not get the same Vibe talking to Villa Fans off VT as I do on it.....that is no way having a pop at VT posters its just weird....perhaps its to do with sample size.

I do get the response the football is not convincing, but when I ask should they get rid I do not get a clear answer.....Its very nebulous.

Judging by the comments on here, it might be quite prudent of him to apply for the job.

nothing seems to be holding him here.

However, my interest would be who is this necromancer we seek to replace him.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Barry Fry, last managed twenty odd years ago and that would be the most bizzare premier league appointment of all time.

Trevor Francis, last managed 15 years ago and survived a heart attack two years ago.

Zola....sacked by the board 6 months after they took over at West Ham and his hilarious spell at SHA rules that out on its own.

Avram Grant, waiting for Saudi Arabia or someone random to give him a world cup gig.

Big Sam....well if there's one way to lose the fanbase.

McLeish...yeah he could be a possibility although bit deluded considering he was last managing in Egypt.

So that leaves us with someone who worked for that board for 6 years and imagine he's still on good terms with them compared to other owners he's worked under. You really don't need to be Cluedo to work out who Brady was talking about, she did say Managers aswell. :D

• Like 2

On 10/11/2017 at 18:01, TRO said:

so if we spend more time defending we are playing 4-5-1 more than 4-3-3.ok

seen as the whole thing is dynamic and it only has relevance at kick offs, because as you allude to the formation morfs during a game is there much point anyone getting precious about it?

You asked for an explanation I gave you a straight forward one. 

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Barry Fry, last managed twenty odd years ago and that would be the most bizzare premier league appointment of all time.

Trevor Francis, last managed 15 years ago and survived a heart attack two years ago.

Zola....sacked by the board 6 months after they took over at West Ham and his hilarious spell at SHA rules that out on its own.

Avram Grant, waiting for Saudi Arabia or someone random to give him a world cup gig.

Big Sam....well if there's one way to lose the fanbase.

McLeish...yeah he could be a possibility although bit deluded considering he was last managing in Egypt.

So that leaves us with someone who worked for that board for 6 years and imagine he's still on good terms with them compared to other owners he's worked under. You really don't need to be Cluedo to work out who Brady was talking about, she did say Managers aswell. :D

Of course, it could be Karren Brady making stuff up.

Just a thought. She’s always been a much- loved and well-respected figure amongst Villa fans, so I’m SURE we trust what she says... :crylaugh:

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TRO said:

That bit I accept Jim.

But its clear to me that some are much better than others

Name a club where that isn’t true

and the some do tend to carry out their jobs more efficiently.

Name a club where that isn’t true

now is that because Steve Bruce coaches them better, so he has a different coaching style for each group of players?......or is it they are just better quality players in the first place?....and capable of making better decisions?

you mean they were better before they came here, now they are pedestrian and he gets credit for that?

I accept your point its his responsibility either way, but it would be helpful if we were more consistent in what we are criticising him for.....or is it both.

It’s both.  Some were terrible signings.  All have been coached and used poorly since they arrived.  

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I do not get the same Vibe talking to Villa Fans off VT as I do on it.....that is no way having a pop at VT posters its just weird....perhaps its to do with sample size.

I do get the response the football is not convincing, but when I ask should they get rid I do not get a clear answer.....Its very nebulous.

So different fans have different opinions.  Name a club where that is not true.   

You do realize there have been VT posters for and against every manager hired or fired over the last 10 years?   I don’t understand why you see any of this as confusing   

35 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

It’s both.  Some were terrible signings.  All have been coached and used poorly since they arrived.

I suppose the real puzzle in that case is how, with terrible signings that have been poorly coached and used, we find ourselves in the top 6. There must be a lot of clubs who have made even worse signings and coached them even more poorly, I guess.

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I suppose the real puzzle in that case is how, with terrible signings that have been poorly coached and used, we find ourselves in the top 6. There must be a lot of clubs who have made even worse signings and coached them even more poorly, I guess.

Your propaganda and manipulation is almost as good as @Grasshopper but not quite. 

• Like 2

Â