Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Bruce acceptors ? Sounds like a brand of gloves .

Well yours(Bruce lovers) sounded like a coming together of the newly passed" Australian law"

from a very apt author.:):)

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

At least Pochettino attempts to always play good football. Bruce has never managed a team that play decent football . You can't compare him to Bruce, has you said , Bruce is old school ,andvthatvaint ever going to change .

You have too much intelligence to think i was comparing him to Bruce.

I was comparing principles ........that Pochettino too was accused of single dimensional play in his formative time at spurs and that it took him some time before he could switch styles with ease....He maintained too you have to have the players to do it.If you read the full article, he explains it takes time......unless of course you are lucky enough to have a super agent allied to funds who can help the manager fast track those things.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I answered your question. You asked if briny was suggesting we should be heaping praise on Bruce.

He clearly wasn't suggesting that, hence why I answered "No. He's not"

What do I need to explain?

If I was really bothered enough I would Stevo - but frankly i’m not 

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce is an old fashioned manager that hasn't moved with the times. There is no disputing that. Some fans think he is doing an ok if not good job. Other fans think he Is the devil reincarnated.

The reality is somewhere in between. 

Sorry, but reasonable statements are not allowed on this thread.   Can you go back and edit this to ridicule someone, please?   Thanks 

• Like 2

Hey lads, in advance of our match with QPR today it occurred to me that our manager is a bit of a tactical dinosaur. Have any of you seen this article written in 2011 by Louise Taylor from the Guardian? 

I think it may have been posted before, but it really says everything we already know about Steven and his old fashioned Bruce Ball. Have another read to remind yourself how right you are about him. Personally, I can't get enough of being right. 

Steve Bruce was a manager who refused to move with the times

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked?CMP=share_btn_link

11 hours ago, TRO said:

...unless of course you are lucky enough to have a super agent allied to funds who can help the manager fast track those things.

Not having this.

Sheff Utd don't have a super agent.

Preston/Brentford/Bristol City don't. They all try to play and have hardly any resources comparatively.

You put the manager of any of those clubs in charge of this squad from the first weekend of the season and we would look a different side. Bet we'd have more points from attacking some teams as well.

Bruce doesn't even try to play. No amount of time we give him will change this. If we do sludge our way up to the Prem, he still has to go in the summer.

27 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Hey lads, in advance of our match with QPR today it occurred to me that our manager is a bit of a tactical dinosaur. Have any of you seen this article written in 2011 by Louise Taylor from the Guardian? 

I think it may have been posted before, but it really says everything we already know about Steven and his old fashioned Bruce Ball. Have another read to remind yourself how right you are about him. Personally, I can't get enough of being right. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked?CMP=share_btn_link

Oh excellent. 

I didn’t get a chance to read this the first 11,593 times it was posted ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I've never read this before. Everything that went wrong at Sunderland is happening again at Villa! Both clubs are too big for him.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I've never read this before. Everything that went wrong at Sunderland is happening again at Villa! Both clubs are too big for him.

It's worth posting again at least once a week, to help reinforce what everyone absolutely knows as an indisputable fact already. Stevo, will you post it again next week, lest we forget?

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It's worth posting again at least once a week, to help reinforce what everyone absolutely knows as an indisputable fact already. Stevo, will you post it again next week, lest we forget?

Why bother? It'll have been posted 10 times by then.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why bother? It'll have been posted 10 times by then.

In case, someone hasn't seen it yet, like the chap above. It's worth it for that reason alone. Plus it's a really brilliant way of proving Steve Bruce is a poor manager. And it keeps this wonderful debate going. So many reasons...

• Like 1

Â