Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I can imagine he's losing immense amounts of sleep right now not meeting Dave J's expectations.,

He really should be concerned with losing the fans. Then again don't expect someone like you to understand the meaning of that, so no worries mate.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No question now bruce will say if we lose now we have little striking options npw with bog kodj and hogan both injured 

Don't bother watching the pre-match interviews anymore, but I'm sure Bruce has already covered all the bases :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wanted us to lose that one game against Boro so I could say I was right. Because my theory was that would pressure the board to sack him, a new manager would be able to do better with an excellent championship squad and the club would succeed. Of course I wanted that to be right. Now I didn't want him to lose so I could tell a bunch of strangers on an internet forum I was right, I wanted to be right because I genuinely believed it would benefit the club I support. 

I think the idea someone would want their club to lose, just so they can tell someone they've never met and don't even know, that they're right is pretty daft. And to me, it speaks more about the mindset of those that actually think that would happen. 

You're questioning my mindset whilst simultaneously admitting to wanting your alleged favourite football club to lose.

And the notion that we would have hired a new manager who would have turned us into some form of hybrid championship version of Barcelona and Real Madrid combined was purely an opinion, not a fact, therefore you wanted Villa to lose in an attempt to validate your opinion.

Which is exactly what I posted and apparently my mindset is wrong?

What a strange strange world we live in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

He really should be concerned with losing the fans. Then again don't expect someone like you to understand the meaning of that, so no worries mate.

Someone like me?  Oh do tell more, this should be interesting given all that you know about me.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We will have to turn to the youth or better still big samba up top :(

I see no problem with that. Grealish is fit again, and O'Hare seems like a great prospect. It's not like Hogan or Kodjia have exactly been on fire either. Squad depth is good. Bruce needs to stop with the excuses and get down with business.

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

I see no problem with that. Grealish is fit again, and O'Hare seems like a great prospect. It's not like Hogan or Kodjia have exactly been on fire either. Squad depth is good. Bruce needs to stop with the excuses and get down with business.

hogan not so much but i do think he has goals in him.  The big issue is if davis picks up an injury who do we have? also davis wont be able to play 3 games in the next week

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Someone like me?  Oh do tell more, this should be interesting given all that you know about me.

There is nothing more I can tell you, since you wouldn't understand it anyway. We don't see eye to when it comes to the managerial position at Villa. Let's just leave it at that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

hogan not so much but i do think he has goals in him.  The big issue is if davis picks up an injury who do we have? also davis wont be able to play 3 games in the next week

Well of course, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's fit now, that's all that matters. Why wouldn't he be able to play 3 games? He's young and seems more than capable to me. It's more a question of will he be able to sustain the same kind of form for longer periods.

Just now, vreitti said:

Well of course, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's fit now, that's all that matters. Why wouldn't he be able to play 3 games? He's young and seems more than capable to me. It's more a question of will he be able to sustain the same kind of form for longer periods.

The evidence suggests otherwise, bruvce has been protecting him and subbing him. He does tend to drop off after the 70th minute

I think snodgrass might be  a good option or even adomah 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The evidence suggests otherwise, bruvce has been protecting him and subbing him. He does tend to drop off after the 70th minute

I think snodgrass might be  a good option or even adomah 

Agreed.

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I wanted us to lose that one game against Boro so I could say I was right. Because my theory was that would pressure the board to sack him, a new manager would be able to do better with an excellent championship squad and the club would succeed. Of course I wanted that to be right. Now I didn't want him to lose so I could tell a bunch of strangers on an internet forum I was right, I wanted to be right because I genuinely believed it would benefit the club I support. 

I think the idea someone would want their club to lose, just so they can tell someone they've never met and don't even know, that they're right is pretty daft. And to me, it speaks more about the mindset of those that actually think that would happen. 

I'm not sure it makes any difference at all why you wanted the club to lose - whether it was purely for your own satisfaction, or any other reason. The simple fact stands alone as your stated preference, for people to have their opinion on and debate.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You're questioning my mindset whilst simultaneously admitting to wanting your alleged favourite football club to lose.

And the notion that we would have hired a new manager who would have turned us into some form of hybrid championship version of Barcelona and Real Madrid combined was purely an opinion, not a fact, therefore you wanted Villa to lose in an attempt to validate your opinion.

Which is exactly what I posted and apparently my mindset is wrong?

What a strange strange world we live in.

No, the idea was put across that people wanted us to lose so they could show some sort of bragging rights to strangers on a forum. That's the crazy part. 

I wanted us to lose one game in the hope for better to come. Completely different. 

Â