Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Very solid away game, Preston never looked like threatening.

No doubt it helped that they were missing 5 defenders and got another 2 injured in the first half.

But a good win and very effective performance.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not a fan of Bruce but the results keep coming and that's all we ask for. I think what people seem to be overlooking this season is we have scored 21 goals and Kodja has only scored 1 of them. Very very encouraging.  

I think we can finish second.

It looks like we were so determined to be able to play without relying on Kodjia, we actually look better when he isn't playing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

6 wins 3 draws & 1 defeat from the last 10 games with 7 clean sheets along the way. It's almost like he knows what he's doing or something...

It is quite bizarre that there are still people on here complaining. That sort of run for us over the last few years is the stuff of dreams! 

I genuinely find the negativity baffling! No team wins every game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It looks like we were so determined to be able to play without relying on Kodjia, we actually look better when he isn't playing. 

At times we do but I also think we have rushed Kodja back. He will still play a big part this season but it's very good that we are not reliant on him at the moment.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wait, so he actually CAN proactively manage a game. ;)

Hopefully he is hitting form. lol

Credit where it's due.

At one point I heard him yell "Get up and **** run!"

Pashun! <3

This thread is so much more bearable when there's some positivity, fair play Bruce...a great performance and a fantastic result tonight.

Lots of people on here would of been champing at the 451 with onomah when it was announced, but it worked beautifully today...and the lad had a brilliant game.

1 minute ago, dappadan said:

It is quite bizarre that there are still people on here complaining. That sort of run for us over the last few years is the stuff of dreams! 

With you 100% mate. It's madness.

also found the chants of "empty seats" ridiculous.... if we were still the massive club some people on here think we are, every game we played away in this division would be a sell out. We've got a long way to go to get back to where we were.

4 minutes ago, dappadan said:

This might be a be simplistic but I honesty believe all of Bruce's criticism leads back to one simple problem. Our inability to retain the ball. Even today when 2-0 up I lost count of how many times we needlessly gave the ball away. 

With the calibre of players we have I just can't get my head around it. We make each game so much harder than it need to be!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At times we do but I also think we have rushed Kodja back. He will still play a big part this season but it's very good that we are not reliant on him at the moment.

There's no doubt he's a quality player, that's for sure. Nice to have options eh?

• Like 1

Good result and we are in very good form.

Every game will be a challenge and vital this season. 

Hopefully we can get a good result against Sheff weds,and prepare for the QPR match after the international break.

We haven't won a game right after an international break hopefully that will change.

Â