Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Excellent tonight. I'm not a fan of defensive football, but the way we shut that game down in the last half hour was impressive. Still made chances too, could and should have had at least one late on. 

I'd like to see Jedi start on Sat if he's fit enough, with Hourihane pushed up and Onomah benched. He was brighter today and I know he made the goal, but his end product generally isn't good enough. At the same time, we are losing 50% of Hourihane's game becuase he's playing too deep. He's more capable of making and scoring goals imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Have backed him recently but his decicion to keep Hutton in ahead of Taylor and start onomah again is ridiculous - should it backfire he deserves the Pelters he will get 

Come again?

Edited by London Villa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The only time we didn't look like a complete shambles against Birmingham was the 7 minutes we had Davis and Kodjia up front together, the rest of the time, we had no balance, no shape, struggled to get up the pitch or create anything.

So does Bruce look at that and think if we play on the front foot we have the players and capability to run riot against teams?

No, of course not.

And you....

45 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

6 wins 3 draws & 1 defeat from the last 10 games with 7 clean sheets along the way. It's almost like he knows what he's doing or something...

Not convinced.  But delighted to be wrong tonight

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This might be a be simplistic but I honesty believe all of Bruce's criticism leads back to one simple problem. Our inability to retain the ball. Even today when 2-0 up I lost count of how many times we needlessly gave the ball away. 

With the calibre of players we have I just can't get my head around it. We make each game so much harder than it need to be!

Cant blame Bruce for that though.

If only we hadn't had a bad start, we would now be possibly leading the pack .

having already played wolves, bristol and cardiff away.

we are still well positioned.....for the marathon.

• Like 4

Before anyone hurts themselves gloating just because we won doesn’t mean TRO and I as comanagers wouldn’t have won with our roster.   Or how much a knowledgeable and positive manager would have humiliated the opposition   (Sorry to ruin your joy)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Before anyone hurts themselves gloating just because we won doesn’t mean TRO and I as comanagers wouldn’t have won with our roster.   Or how much a knowledgeable and positive manager would have humiliated the opposition   (Sorry to ruin your joy)

Now, now.

i think its still fair cooment about our ball control/ retention.....but a well organised and professional job.

Â