Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I don't know how to go about it, but I would love a poll that simply asked: 

Are you happy with Bruce as Villa manager?

No clauses, no variables.... Just that question. Id love to see the result. 

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't know how to go about it, but I would love a poll that simply asked: 

Are you happy with Bruce as Villa manager?

No clauses, no variables.... Just that question. Id love to see the result. 

It's an incredibly vague question though.

I'm not particularly happy with Bruce as Villa manager, so I'd probably vote no.

But if the question was "do you want Bruce sacked?" then my answer would also be no.

(oh and there's nothing stopping you from starting this poll afaik)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not particularly happy with Bruce as Villa manager, so I'd probably vote no.

But if the question was "do you want Bruce sacked?" then my answer would also be no.

I think you've made a good point, I'm not sure sacking him is the way to go at this very moment. Although I don't have a lot of patience left for him.

That's why I want to know who is actually happy with him, leave the sacking part out. Its not in our control. 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

i'd be more interested to see this poll...think there would be a few more "no"s than people think

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think you've made a good point, I'm not sure sacking him is the way to go at this very moment. Although I don't have a lot of patience left for him.

That's why I want to know who is actually happy with him, leave the sacking part out. Its not in our control. 

trouble is i think a lot of folks are in the middle...i honestly couldn't answer that question because i wouldn't say I'm happy with him, bit not exactly unhappy either

My stand atm is.

IF, and its a very big if, Bruce would stop the defensive-sitback-hoof-and-hope-shyte and let the players „play“ and go for it. I’d be happy with him and I‘d see the point in 1) keeping him on 2) IF this method of play didnt get us promoted I‘d be less concerned about our future attempts at going up knowing that we are having a go.

A worse senario would be

Bruce scrapes promotion stays on and gets us relegated again, then we are back to square 1

• Like 2

Asking a simple do you want Bruce sacked is pointless without knowing what comes next. Bruce is underacheiving for me. The football isn't good but I've never expected it to be under him. We are still in the hunt for promotion and unless we have a 4/5 game run of not winning he isn't going anywhere. The bad start has left us not being able to have another bad run and because of that Bruce will be close to having the fans turn all season. We lose tonight we will be 9th! Win we go 5th and we can look at going on a good run for November. Thats how close it is. 2 points a game was Bruces target. We need to hit that till Xmas then there might be a break away group. 

30 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

My stand atm is.

IF, and its a very big if, Bruce would stop the defensive-sitback-hoof-and-hope-shyte and let the players „play“ and go for it. I’d be happy with him and I‘d see the point in 1) keeping him on 2) IF this method of play didnt get us promoted I‘d be less concerned about our future attempts at going up knowing that we are having a go.

A worse senario would be

Bruce scrapes promotion stays on and gets us relegated again, then we are back to square 1

Back to square 1 maybe... But wouldn't our parachute payments be re-set if that happened, enabling us to 'go again??' Not ideal, but might quell the FFP paranoia for a while and enable us to have a more measured tilt at getting it right next time.

Maybe a yo-yo is what we need? Or maybe not... just putting it out there.

2 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Back to square 1 maybe... But wouldn't our parachute payments be re-set if that happened, enabling us to 'go again??'  

re-set yes

How are ffp figures would be I cant say.

I can only presume that we would be in a better position than last time we got relegated, but we didnt get promoted in that 1st Ch season. Would it be enough to get back up again is another Q.

Not ideal, but might quell the FFP paranoia for a while and enable us to have a more measured tilt at getting it right next time.  

of course

I cant imagine yo-yoing being good as it would create a continual greater difference between PL & Ch money, manager & player quality.

6 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Back to square 1 maybe... But wouldn't our parachute payments be re-set if that happened, enabling us to 'go again??' Not ideal, but might quell the FFP paranoia for a while and enable us to have a more measured tilt at getting it right next time.

Interesting point.  I guess it would be reset, giving us more money and a greater allowance for FFP losses....but then that would be largely, if not all, offset by the investment we would need to make in trying to stay up, and wages which could stay with us even beyond another relegation.  If that's invested well, it could be positive, if not.....

On balance though, a yoyo would still definitely be favourable to staying down that whole time!

12 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Asking a simple do you want Bruce sacked is pointless without knowing what comes next. Bruce is underacheiving for me. The football isn't good but I've never expected it to be under him. We are still in the hunt for promotion and unless we have a 4/5 game run of not winning he isn't going anywhere. The bad start has left us not being able to have another bad run and because of that Bruce will be close to having the fans turn all season. We lose tonight we will be 9th! Win we go 5th and we can look at going on a good run for November. Thats how close it is. 2 points a game was Bruces target. We need to hit that till Xmas then there might be a break away group. 

Well you never know what comes next...every managerial change is a roll of the dice. The fact is that numerous fans want Bruce out now (3 clear examples in page one of Sunday's ratings and reactions thread alone) and i would just be interested to see the stats to see if its the majority, or just a vocal minority on the basis that I've yet to meet a fan in person that wants him gone, yet there are plenty on here and social media. Christ there were plenty hoping we would lose the boro game if it meant him going...had we lost and we had sacked him would we have gone on the run of form that we did? Who knows...all i know is as long as promotion is a possibility, keep him in. It's not pretty, but he's getting the results to stay in the hunt

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

My stand atm is.

A worse senario would be

But if we start losing games but have  a go we would ahve more reason to be concerned than now!

If Bruce started badly he would be sacked, he would not stay for the course of relegation. I actually think its harder to get promoted than relegated 

47 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Well you never know what comes next...every managerial change is a roll of the dice. The fact is that numerous fans want Bruce out now (3 clear examples in page one of Sunday's ratings and reactions thread alone) and i would just be interested to see the stats to see if its the majority, or just a vocal minority on the basis that I've yet to meet a fan in person that wants him gone, yet there are plenty on here and social media. Christ there were plenty hoping we would lose the boro game if it meant him going...had we lost and we had sacked him would we have gone on the run of form that we did? Who knows...all i know is as long as promotion is a possibility, keep him in. It's not pretty, but he's getting the results to stay in the hunt

I understand what you mean it's he's just doing enough to not have a big Bruce out thing at the minute that's why I said it's pointless. Numerous fans will always want him out but there's no ground swell to do it really. That's why I said it'd take a 4/5 game run for it to take off. Most realise it's not going to be pretty football then if you can come to terms with that it's all about him getting us up somehow and at the minute he's just keeping us in there. You could do a poll tonight at 7 and one at 10 and it'll be different.  

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 20:06, Keyblade said:

I'm failing to see the point you're making here. Some teams beat other teams...umm okay? Wolves lost to QPR...okay? Did they not outclass us last week? Are they still not 6 points and 4 places ahead of us in the table? Managers can get tactics wrong, nothing wrong with that...it happens to the best. My point was (and it was backed with ample evidence), that Bruce gets it wrong more often than not. Whereas I imagine the opposite to be true for Nuno

The bolded is a bizarre thing to say and kind of shows why you're so nonplussed by all of this. It is absolutely imperative we get up this season. If we don't, we'll likely be here for a very long time. And simply scraping the playoffs will be unacceptable given how we play against anybody in the top half. We'd be going into the playoff games as if we were playing against 2010 Barcelona and inevitably get blown out like we were.

Well, I am failing to see your point.....I think tactics is over played, sorry.....that does not mean i ignore it or dismiss it.....but it doesn't cure all ills, which is what is sometimes insinuated.

I agree that its imperative that we go up and its imperative we attack teams more....i get all that.

Nuno has had a good start, but the season is not completed yet, so we shall see if the same conclusion is arrived at....it may well be, but its not established yet.

i think on occasions some of us are putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 5

I think too much is being read in to Steve Bruce, just my opinion.

I think equally Ian Holloway could be labelled a dinosaur, but beats Wolves and Sheff Utd....it happens.

My point is, its not always the manager, its sometimes the players.....either way,win or lose.

that is not to say its always the manager or always the players.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'd be more interested to see this poll...think there would be a few more "no"s than people think

I haven't met anyone outside of VT who wants him sacked.

not sure what is deduced by that though.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But if we start losing games but have  a go we would ahve more reason to be concerned than now!

If Bruce started badly he would be sacked, he would not stay for the course of relegation. I actually think its harder to get promoted than relegated 

It didn't seem too hard for us when we got relegated . I thought we made it look very easy indeed .;)

Â