Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Well, I am failing to see your point.....I think tactics is over played, sorry.....that does not mean i ignore it or dismiss it.....but it doesn't cure all ills, which is what is sometimes insinuated.

I agree that its imperative that we go up and its imperative we attack teams more....i get all that.

Nuno has had a good start, but the season is not completed yet, so we shall see if the same conclusion is arrived at....it may well be, but its not established yet.

i think on occasions some of us are putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 5

I think too much is being read in to Steve Bruce, just my opinion.

I think equally Ian Holloway could be labelled a dinosaur, but beats Wolves and Sheff Utd....it happens.

My point is, its not always the manager, its sometimes the players.....either way,win or lose.

that is not to say its always the manager or always the players.

The buck stops with the manager at the end of the day. Anyone can beat anyone, then what's the point in having expectations?

• Like 1

All this stuff about tactics and whose to blame for this and that . Why does it seem so difficult for this manager to get us playing to a discernible style ? And I'm not calling for some Barcelona like transformation ,just something that at least attempts to excite the crowd . Why are we so static ? Surely the manager is capable of galvanizing the players and instilling some thrust into the team .  We have to start seeing some decent ,attacking football, after all ,it's not that much to ask .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Have backed him recently but his decicion to keep Hutton in ahead of Taylor and start onomah again is ridiculous - should it backfire he deserves the Pelters he will get 

6 subs yet only one is an attacking one. No idea what Thor is!  We've kids ripping up the U23 league yet none get a look in. Bruce is so defence minded its unreal. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Spent £14m on a striker he doesn't even have faith to place in a team against Preston,  and is now just a 10 minute time waster to play as a second wing back....and he has the cheek to complain about a lack of funds this summer. **** off.

Agreed - so negative with 5 in midfield after 442 had worked so well - the guy hasn’t a clue 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I can't even work out how he has come to the conclusion that our turgid 4-5-1 is the way to go again.  Absolutely baffling.

It was dire against blues and we look so much better with 442 - astonished that Hutton is in ahead of Taylor - no o hare in the squad again and yet we stick with this spurs wannabe in the side - could be some angry people on here tonight if this backfires 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Well, I am failing to see your point.....I think tactics is over played, sorry.....that does not mean i ignore it or dismiss it.....but it doesn't cure all ills, which is what is sometimes insinuated.

I agree that its imperative that we go up and its imperative we attack teams more....i get all that.

Nuno has had a good start, but the season is not completed yet, so we shall see if the same conclusion is arrived at....it may well be, but its not established yet.

i think on occasions some of us are putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 5

I think too much is being read in to Steve Bruce, just my opinion.

I think equally Ian Holloway could be labelled a dinosaur, but beats Wolves and Sheff Utd....it happens.

My point is, its not always the manager, its sometimes the players.....either way,win or lose.

that is not to say its always the manager or always the players.

You are right up to a certain point - however we are so turgid and negative in our play for so  much of games that I personally can only see this as being his instructions imo 

The only time we didn't look like a complete shambles against Birmingham was the 7 minutes we had Davis and Kodjia up front together, the rest of the time, we had no balance, no shape, struggled to get up the pitch or create anything.

So does Bruce look at that and think if we play on the front foot we have the players and capability to run riot against teams?

No, of course not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You are right up to a certain point - however we are so turgid and negative in our play for so  much of games that I personally can only see this as being his instructions imo 

Dave, if you check my posts, i have never disagreeded that our play is turgid.

just have SLIGHTLY different view as to the source of the problems

I accept that he sets us up defensively and I accept the he is the main protagonist....but i still see things individually from our players that i am unhappy with and some of the stuff i do not see as directly the manager.

I am not totally against him going, but i do think he steadies the ship.....equally in doubt as to who could come in and do what we all want to see.

Its quite possible a more offensive approach could be sought, but who's to say another defensive nightmare could come with it.

To get a fully rounded team is what we want....that can convince us they are on the right lines.

easier said than done.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Can someone who loves Bruce please talk up the team selection today. I'd be interested to hear an optimistic outlook for the game. 

I thought Mcleish would like it but just spoke to him and said a bit too conservative.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

The buck stops with the manager at the end of the day. Anyone can beat anyone, then what's the point in having expectations?

It has done with all managers, Lambert, Sherwood... but not Bruce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â