Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It would have been an interesting experiment at least. Not least to put the rest the oft trotted out line that these types of managers do not get the top jobs. It would have been a really interesting to witness in vivo as opposed to thought experiments. There is an argument that he is more qualified than OGS.

In nearly 20 years of management Bruce has never won a trophy or league (not counting play offs) 

Solskjaer has 2 league titles albeit in Norway but not while mamaging Rosenborg who win nearly every year 

Nyland, Whelan, Jedi, Elmo and Taylor in a bundle deal?

And a sweet, sweet reunion with Onomah.

And get ready for trials for ex PL players galore. I hear Kaboul has been released by Watford...

• Like 1

"Great club but I think wor kidding worselves if wor said wor'd be in for anything but a long hard relegation battle. We'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season that's for suwor. First things first wor need to batten down wor hatches and get wor boots on 'cause they're all tough games in wor division. Especially if the opposition get a player sent off in wor first half."

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

"Great club but I think wor kidding worselves if wor said wor'd be in for anything but a long hard relegation battle. We'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season that's for suwor. First things first wor need to batten down wor hatches and get wor boots on 'cause they're all tough games in wor division. Especially if the opposition get a player sent off in wor first half."

but we always have a player that can score against Villa....I will just have to " Reach" out to him.

• Like 1

I've always had a soft spot for Wednesday - might have something to do with watching us come from 0-2 to 3-2 under Big Ron ?  They are a proper club with long suffering fans and don't detseve him rocking up to tell them how lucky they have just become !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheVilla861/status/1076440863503536128

I just ha e to give the Wednesday fans abit of a warning, I actually feel sorry for them that they see bruce as the answer to there woes, they seem blinded and desperate.

I also warned them that one thing you will get success in is market stores will appear outside of Hillsborough, selling vegetables with a new sponsor written on cabbages which will be fan funded.

If tbey think they have it bad now, wait till bruce shows up.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I've always had a soft spot for Wednesday - might have something to do with watching us come from 0-2 to 3-2 under Big Ron ?  They are a proper club with long suffering fans and don't detseve him rocking up to tell them how lucky they have just become !

Yes me too. Great memories there watching Villa 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Alex Bruce has commented.

He's right.

But I'd argue against the squad being good. It's severely unbalanced because of the summer. But we are in a better place than when he came. He just lost his momentum after losing against Fulham.

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Alex Bruce has spoken..

but he has a point....even if you don't agree with it.

I wish Steve All the best, except when he plays us.

It will be a good fit for them.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's right.

But I'd argue against the squad being good. It's severely unbalanced because of the summer. But we are in a better place than when he came. He just lost his momentum after losing against Fulham.

I think there was more than enough reasons for that.

However, its past....lets look forward to Dean beating Leeds.

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's right.

I'd also say he didn't take us from relegation battle to playoffs in 12 months. Was nearly 2 seasons bar what, 11 games? 

Didn't think we were in a relegation battle anyway.   The squad he's left behind is not that much in a healthier place. 

The only thing I'd give Bruce credit for is changing the mentality of the players to be more positive. But that's hardly a great feat.

In summary, I think that tweet is utter twaddle.

• Like 4

Â