Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Dave J said:

Curbishley surprised me as I thought he would have a good career in the game - maybe too long out of it now though

Was a weird one that... did a very good job for Charlton, then was doing well for West Ham before resigning/forced out... then nothing. That was about 10 years ago now? As he sued West Ham at the time, I wonder if there was something he did that was never made public knowledge, but put off future employers?

• Thanks 1

A lot of posters clearly hated Bruce and now deny that they hated him.

Why? Own it. There's no shame in hating him.

I hated McLeish and Sherwood. I don't deny it. I still hate them. I hate loads of players, including some of our own (or ex) players.

It's not a big deal.

• Like 1

My point that I think started this was that although it didn’t work out for Bruce at Villa I have nothing against him, and don’t believe him to be a bad person.

Others disagree (which is fine) but it seems to be in a way of calling my post “completely inaccurate” but failing to suggest why, and then contradicting themselves on their stance.

As you say @Stevo985 if you believe it then stand by it.

I'm sorry but using the word hate is ridiculous and childish in my humble opinion when describing the Merits or lack of in  footballer or manager.

I thought a certain ex striker was an atrocious professional footballer - never once did I abuse him or use the word hate.

For goodness it's a game ?

• Like 3

I didnt hate him personally but hated his football and what he did at Aston Villa. though on other hand I also dont buy into this that he is a nice guy. Think only MON and DOL were worse than him from a personality perspective 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I didnt hate him personally but hated his football and what he did at Aston Villa. though on other hand I also dont buy into this that he is a nice guy. Think only MON and DOL were worse than him from a personality perspective 

I always considered him to be a decent guy - however having read on here somewhere that during the summer he was trying to engineer a move, only to do 180 when the new owners arrived - whilst I clearly have no idea if there is any truth in this story - it has soured my view of him as a person.

I'm happy to admit that I did find it amusing when certain people on here banged on about his man management skills - yes ok right you are 

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I hated McLeish and Sherwood. I don't deny it. I still hate them. I hate loads of players, including some of our own (or ex) players.

It's not a big deal.

I didn't want him here when he was appointed and the longer he was here I really grew to despise him. Now that he's gone I still don't have any time or respect for him as a football manager but as a person the reports are he's a good chap and I hope he enjoys his retirement. The same could be said for Alex McLeish. 

On 13/12/2018 at 09:28, villa89 said:

I didn't want him here when he was appointed and the longer he was here I really grew to despise him. Now that he's gone I still don't have any time or respect for him as a football manager or as a person.

Pretty much where I am at too.

20 hours ago, villakram said:

Talk on the Beeb now about getting Brucie in to shovel manure for the rest of the season... please, please, please!

They might as well. The most prestigious job of his career proved too intimidating for him so we jettisoned him.

Maybe dropping down a level will be more aligned with his abilities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never hated Steve Bruce or any other manager....just read Neil Warnocks 2 books and that gives a different slant on him.

I was happy when some guy come in to stop the rot and the haemorrhaging of goals....but was dissappointed when the "football" we have seen under Dean Smith never arrived.....I was pleased with the 24 wins and left flat with the Wembley shit show.

The start of this season was a real step backwards, maybe tempered by the miracle saviours....but still a reversal in form.

When he went, it was the right time for all concerned.

I Can't hate him for stopping the rot, giving me 24 wins in a season, working after losing his folks and staying put, when the club was in fear of survival.

But I can honestly say.....I never liked the football, it was unconvincing, cautious and lacked bravery.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 10:29, Stevo985 said:

It's not a big deal.

I try to avoid Hate.....its a burden that distorts reason.

There is only one winner when you hate somebody......them.

Harry Redknapp another mate to say he should have got the United job

Lets look at the facts, Steve Bruce a career win rate below 40% mainly in lower division and Manchester United 20 times league winner and 4 time European Champions and one of 3 biggest clubs in the world

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Harry Redknapp another mate to say he should have got the United job

Lets look at the facts, Steve Bruce a career win rate below 40% mainly in lower division and Manchester United 20 times league winner and 4 time European Champions and one of 3 biggest clubs in the world

It would have been an interesting experiment at least. Not least to put the rest the oft trotted out line that these types of managers do not get the top jobs. It would have been a really interesting to witness in vivo as opposed to thought experiments. There is an argument that he is more qualified than OGS.

Â