Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t read it the same way myself, he got an incredible amount of abuse whilst our manager almost from the outset. His little jibes were reminders to the population that were constantly on his back. He came in when we were in free fall, steadied the ship then got us up the table and 45 minutes from the premier league.

It wasn’t pretty, and there is an argument for sure he should have done better with what he had but this guy got a disgusting level of abuse, often personal, from a lot of our fan base. Then they all get pissy when he has a little slight dig back at them after he has strung a few wins together. How dare he!! 

...and this is all on the back of both of his parents being ill and dying within months of each other.

Hes not perfect, but he seems like a nice enough guy to me. He did his best, it didn’t work out so I wish him the best in the future.

He didn't get a lot of abuse, up until the last game the Holte sung his name, prior to that toxic Preston game I barely heard a raised voice towards his direction and I sit within throwing distance(lol) of the dugout. He got a huge amount of support and affection, so much so that is shocked me we didn't turn sooner.

As for online abuse, everyone gets that. Everyone.

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t read it the same way myself, he got an incredible amount of abuse whilst our manager almost from the outset. His little jibes were reminders to the population that were constantly on his back. He came in when we were in free fall, steadied the ship then got us up the table and 45 minutes from the premier league.

It wasn’t pretty, and there is an argument for sure he should have done better with what he had but this guy got a disgusting level of abuse, often personal, from a lot of our fan base. Then they all get pissy when he has a little slight dig back at them after he has strung a few wins together. How dare he!! 

...and this is all on the back of both of his parents being ill and dying within months of each other.

Hes not perfect, but he seems like a nice enough guy to me. He did his best, it didn’t work out so I wish him the best in the future.

Most of our recent managers had it way worse than him and handled it way better. Houllier and McLeish for example got dogs abuse but were nothing but respectful towards the fans. Turns out Bruce wasn't as nice as we thought.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

So much of this is just completely inaccurate.

• Like 1

He is what he is. 

He's a good manager at this level. 

He's getting less good as time marches on, but his ability (or lack of) is being exaggerated on here because we got so frustrated with it.

Wednesday is exactly the kind of club he'll pop up at next. And he'll probably do a pretty good job there, whilst ultimately leaving them short of promotion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He didn't get a lot of abuse, up until the last game the Holte sung his name, prior to that toxic Preston game I barely heard a raised voice towards his direction and I sit within throwing distance(lol) of the dugout. He got a huge amount of support and affection, so much so that is shocked me we didn't turn sooner.

As for online abuse, everyone gets that. Everyone.

Really? Come on man.

I don't think any of us 'normal' people could even begin to comprehend what it must be like to be a celebrity these days, to have constant comments.....it is what it is, and he chose/chooses to do what he does, does that make it okay though? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm glad he is gone now - but I don't get the bruce hate. Wish him well for the future he just failed here.

Is it hate? I just don't think he is a good football manager, like many others on here - but hate is a very strong word to describe views on a football manager 

14 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Is it hate? I just don't think he is a good football manager, like many others on here - but hate is a very strong word to describe views on a football manager 

Someone on here “hated” him so much he had to leave the site for 9 months, true fact.

He's a goomanageat this level. 

so two failed season on the trot - 4 promotions in 20 odd years of management - dull uninspiring  football - poor rapport with fans - when things not going his way smacks of bang average to me 

• Like 1

Alongside Paul Jewell, Mark Hughes, Phil Brown, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley and Joe Kinnear, Steve Bruce should not managenagain. Time has been, and time has gone. Enjoy the money, enjoy the grandkids and let football evolve. Let a new a batch of managers with new ideas fill the void. 

I have no idea what half of the above ex-managers are doing, but, they came to mind.

Disclaimer: I would like Joe Kinnear to manage Newcastle again as soon as possible. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Alongside Paul Jewell, Mark Hughes, Phil Brown, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley and Joe Kinnear, Steve Bruce should not managenagain. Time has been, and time has gone. Enjoy the money, enjoy the grandkids and let football evolve. Let a new a batch of managers with new ideas fill the void. 

I have no idea what half of the above ex-managers are doing, but, they came to mind.

Disclaimer: I would like Joe Kinnear to manage Newcastle again as soon as possible. 

Pardew will work again - Curbishley surprised me as I thought he would have a good career in the game - maybe too long out of it now though - totally agree on the others - you can probably toss in Moyes as well for good measure.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Phil Brown still has a team unless he recently got chop

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Really? Come on man.

I don't think any of us 'normal' people could even begin to comprehend what it must be like to be a celebrity these days, to have constant comments.....it is what it is, and he chose/chooses to do what he does, does that make it okay though? 

Is it ok to abuse someone in his position absolutely not - your totally within your rights to scrutinise his ability as a football manager and also to vocalise this as you see fit - so long as it does not become personal - I would only say this - don't bite the hand that feeds 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Someone on here “hated” him so much he had to leave the site for 9 months, true fact.

No. I didn’t hate him, I didn’t like him and I really didn’t like the job he was doing but I didn’t hate him. And yes I took a break from here for 9 months, that was because I grew tired of the inability of some to see what was so bloody obvious about his shortcomings as a manager and the circular endless debate that went with it. 

Have you seen the story that's come out about Darren Bent and Steve Bruce.

It's all about Darren Bents 24 million move to Aston Villa, the story is fine untill it gets to Steve Bronto Bruce. Bruce being manager of Sunderland at the time tried to put off bent from moving to Villa despite the club saying they would accept 24 million. Bruce not only approaches bent to put him off but it's his choice of words I don't like. Steve Bruce says to Darren Bent which sounds as though he begged Bent not to join villa but at the same time turns round to Bent and says your better than that. Yeah, to me anyhow it sounded as though Bruce was saying your to good for aston villa and they don't deserve you. I never took Bruce as this two faced person but so much has come out since his time at villa which makes him look like a two faced manager.

Now I know at the time of the Bent 24 million move we were struggling, add to the fact he ended up being a waste and earning 27k per touch under the management of gerard houllier. I think Bent was one of those players poorly managed under houllier, wonder how he would of come on under Dean Smith.

But back to Steve Bruce, I have gone rite off the man I have for many reasons, mainly his poor management of our club despite given enough time. I'm sure this season Bruce was deliberately sabotaging us, so he could be sacked and move on. You think of the way Steve Bruce left our defence wide open for the picking so other teams could rip us apart, then add to the fact he was constantly playing players in wrong positions all while tearing into the fans and most of al our club and players, if you ask me Steve Bruce is slimey in the way he behaved at our club. I think Steve could of turned it around if he wanted to, no one makes those kind of roomie mistakes as he did after all the time Bruce has been managing in football.

I do hope Bruce gets back into the championship and Wednesday take him on, so that Aston Villa, Dean Smith, all our player's and our owners can stick it to the Dinosaur, i feel we need to give Bruce some pay back on the pitch for all the neglect he put into our players and club.

It would be some game for Dean Smith and the players I think they would love it, Dean Smith would show Steve Bruce how football management/coaching is done, how Bruce got it all wrong with our club, i feel Dean is the one person who could teach Steve  Bruce a harsh lesson in football  coaching/management. 

Edited by Dave-R

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So much of this is just completely inaccurate.

Steve Bruce made some bad history with our fan base before he ever even came to manage us.

Yeah ok the Bent situation where Bent was a waste of coin for villa in every major sense, was enough. For bruce to be manager of another club (sunderland) at the time and go tell a player who was about to make a move to us that hes worth alot more and he's better than Aston Villa, I can u sweat and fans falling out with him fast.

The guy was so close to getting promotion one season and I agree with you did turn things around to a degree, but that was the end of his decency at villa. Bruce changed the following season, having a go at everyone in sight, making mistakes that never should never of been made, he made himself look like a complete in-experienced manager that's for sure.

Whether he did what he did on purpose or not is a question Bruce only knows the answer too, wouldn't surprise me if he wanted his payoff and to be gone, he looked like a guy that was doing his all to get fired this season.

In a way I felt sorry for him at the time, but as more happened each week those feelings started to go quickly, he was not only leading our club to relegation zone, but he wasn't filling anyone up with confidence, especially  our players and was even having a go at them which you don't do at any cost.

I would say in the end Bruce got what he deserved, he didnt do himself any favours and the cabbage was the nail in his coffin.

Â